Old 06-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #11
Great truck, gunnergm! My father in law has an 06 Ram 2500 4x4 HD cummins thunder road, and he just loves it to death! He sits outside in his lawn chair admiring his truck! (and he WAS a LOYAL GM guy for years! I've been buyind Dodges for a while now. Good Luck, and you'll be happy with that truck. Randy

/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #12
Thanks guys,
So far so good with the Cummins. It drive so good. Set the cruise and it never deviates off the speed and you can not even feel this thing change gears up hill. I'm sure when I tow it will be a bit different but MPG's have been great and I love the sound of the turbo. Boys will be boys. I have not got to tow with this yet. I work out of town and my dealer has to adjust the height of the hitch before I can hook up again. I will do that Friday and maybe hook up just for a test run before my first real trip the following Wednesday. Happy camping!

Steve & Kathy

Gunnergm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #13
We are back from our first trip with the new WRLS 30 and the Cummins. We were on some pretty steep grades up and down and the truck did great. If my calculations were close we had about an 8600lbs pull. The only time sway was an issue was when the big dump trucks would pass me. I did feel some sway then but not when a regular tractor/trailer would pass. We had a good time. The only bad thing that happened was my fault when I forgot to secure the walk in closet door and it came off it's track and pulled the screws out of the top of the door. My fault. I thought when we left that my fresh water tank was full. I even added a little more the morning we left. However we ran out of water the end of the third day. We did not use the shower. They has very nice facilities there but we did use it for cooking and some dishes and an occasional freshining up. When I stopped on the way home to dump the gray water it sure did not seem like 45 gallons dumped out of the tank. I stopped using water because it sounded like my pump started to cavitate. Is it normal to hear the pump make noise if the valves are just open a little? Other than those issues we had fun and really enjoyed our camper.

Gunnergm1 is offline   Reply With Quote