Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
"Curmudgeon"
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Aurora, NC
Posts: 117
Clamshell Cover over top rear running light

We just bought a used 2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite. I need to mount a rear view wired camera and a WiFi Camp Pro antenna. two questions:
1. Does anyone know what is under the clamshell cover above the middle running light?
2. Does anyone have access to wiring chase diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
__________________

Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
gectisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 845
I believe you are talking about the Furrion Camera ready mount. Our WJ had the the 12v power from the running lights with the correct connector for the Furrion wireless Camera.
Attached Images
 
__________________

__________________
2016 Windjammer 3006WK - Sold July 2018
2002 Lance Lite 835EC TC - Sold July 2015
2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper).

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawlerphil View Post
We just bought a used 2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite. I need to mount a rear view wired camera and a WiFi Camp Pro antenna. two questions:
1. Does anyone know what is under the clamshell cover above the middle running light?
2. Does anyone have access to wiring chase diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
As mentioned, the clamshell mount is pre-installed and pre-wired to fit a Furrion wireless camera. The bottom cover comes off the clamshell and the Furrion camera fits directly in its place. There is a power wire under the cover that is active when the running lights are on.

Wiring diagrams seem to be top secret and little success has been made obtaining them for most every model.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
Member
 
mt_creative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
As mentioned, the clamshell mount is pre-installed and pre-wired to fit a Furrion wireless camera. The bottom cover comes off the clamshell and the Furrion camera fits directly in its place. There is a power wire under the cover that is active when the running lights are on.



Wiring diagrams seem to be top secret and little success has been made obtaining them for most every model.


I've been reading several online discussions concerned about this pre-wired camera draining the batteries on your TT. I can't imagine that is an issue, is there a switch once you install the camera?

I don't pickup my 27BHWS until March so I'm preparing to install the Furrion FOS48TAPK Wireless Observation Camera... TIA
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_creative View Post
I've been reading several online discussions concerned about this pre-wired camera draining the batteries on your TT. I can't imagine that is an issue, is there a switch once you install the camera?

I don't pickup my 27BHWS until March so I'm preparing to install the Furrion FOS48TAPK Wireless Observation Camera... TIA
If it is powered by the "Running Lights" you would only Run Down the Battery if the Running lights were left ON! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 1,423
I just installed mine on 26rwls. It is wired to the running lights. According to the manual wiring terminates in the junction box under the front by the trailer wiring. This makes sense but I didn't verify that. Not sure if it is a dedicated run. I can verify that it is only powered with the running lights. Be sure to get the observation camera as it has the more powerful signal than the backup camera. I have not had a chance to use it yet but youtube videos show it working well while driving as well.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
If it is powered by the "Running Lights" you would only Run Down the Battery if the Running lights were left ON! Youroo!!
yeap. all depends on the wiring!
__________________

RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cover, light

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


×