Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
"Curmudgeon"

Send a message via MSN to Trawlerphil Send a message via Yahoo to Trawlerphil
Clamshell Cover over top rear running light

We just bought a used 2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite. I need to mount a rear view wired camera and a WiFi Camp Pro antenna. two questions:
1. Does anyone know what is under the clamshell cover above the middle running light?
2. Does anyone have access to wiring chase diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #2

I believe you are talking about the Furrion Camera ready mount. Our WJ had the the 12v power from the running lights with the correct connector for the Furrion wireless Camera.
Attached Images

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trawlerphil View Post
We just bought a used 2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite. I need to mount a rear view wired camera and a WiFi Camp Pro antenna. two questions:
1. Does anyone know what is under the clamshell cover above the middle running light?
2. Does anyone have access to wiring chase diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
As mentioned, the clamshell mount is pre-installed and pre-wired to fit a Furrion wireless camera. The bottom cover comes off the clamshell and the Furrion camera fits directly in its place. There is a power wire under the cover that is active when the running lights are on.

Wiring diagrams seem to be top secret and little success has been made obtaining them for most every model.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
As mentioned, the clamshell mount is pre-installed and pre-wired to fit a Furrion wireless camera. The bottom cover comes off the clamshell and the Furrion camera fits directly in its place. There is a power wire under the cover that is active when the running lights are on.

Wiring diagrams seem to be top secret and little success has been made obtaining them for most every model.

I've been reading several online discussions concerned about this pre-wired camera draining the batteries on your TT. I can't imagine that is an issue, is there a switch once you install the camera?

I don't pickup my 27BHWS until March so I'm preparing to install the Furrion FOS48TAPK Wireless Observation Camera... TIA
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_creative View Post
I've been reading several online discussions concerned about this pre-wired camera draining the batteries on your TT. I can't imagine that is an issue, is there a switch once you install the camera?

I don't pickup my 27BHWS until March so I'm preparing to install the Furrion FOS48TAPK Wireless Observation Camera... TIA
If it is powered by the "Running Lights" you would only Run Down the Battery if the Running lights were left ON! Youroo!!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

I just installed mine on 26rwls. It is wired to the running lights. According to the manual wiring terminates in the junction box under the front by the trailer wiring. This makes sense but I didn't verify that. Not sure if it is a dedicated run. I can verify that it is only powered with the running lights. Be sure to get the observation camera as it has the more powerful signal than the backup camera. I have not had a chance to use it yet but youtube videos show it working well while driving as well.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
If it is powered by the "Running Lights" you would only Run Down the Battery if the Running lights were left ON! Youroo!!
yeap. all depends on the wiring!
RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, light