Old 03-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #1

Considering a Flagstaff MicroLite 25BRDS

We are considering buying a Flagstaff 25BRDS and I'm looking for owners of this or other Flagstaff trailers who can provide feedback on their ownership experience. Did you feel your unit was well built? Have you had a problems with your unit etc.

Thanks very much.

Ski206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:30 PM   #2

Quite happy with our Coachmen (also an FR brand)

The roof A/C is direct vent rather than ducted, so it is very noisy. Most of the appliances are "Industry Standard" suppliers, so OK but nothing special. So far 8,000 towing miles with no defects. The Freedom Express series is built on one of the newest FR production lines, and the build quality reflects this.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
Canadian Member

Welcome to the forum from Canada!

The Flagstaff Micro Lite line is a sister line to the Rockwood Mini Lite. Both the Flagstaff and Rockwoods are built in the same factory in Millersburg, IN. There are a lot more Rockwood dealers around than Flagstaff so the Mini Lites are more common, but they are exactly the same unit except for interior fabrics and exterior graphics.

The Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS is the same as a Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S so you can ask for owners of the Rockwood, too. You should be able to find many discussions about the 2509S by using the search feature at the top of the website page.

I’ve never owned a Flagstaff model nor a Rockwood Mini Lite but we just bought our 3rd Rockwood trailer - now a 5th wheel. I’ve been pleased with the quality overall. Flagstaff’s should be equally good.

Do you have any experience with a travel trailer?
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:50 PM   #4

Purchased our 2018 25BRDS back in November and have went on three getaways. We have 2 kids and thereís plenty of room for the 4 of us. All In all its a very well made and fit trailer. Iím really sold on the Rockwood/flagstaff brand.
kbirkenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:57 PM   #5

Thanks Itat I'll look at the Rockwood too.

As to experience yes I grew up trailer camping and now that I've got kids of my own I want them to be able to enjoy some of the same experiences.

Its been interesting as I've started looking around at how space inefficient many trailers are with all of the space devoted to fixed beds. Which of course tends to drive the size of trailers up and I prefer to be in the 25' range. Hence our interest in the 25BRDS and 2509S.
Ski206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:04 PM   #6
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski206 View Post
Thanks Itat I'll look at the Rockwood too.

As to experience yes I grew up trailer camping and now that I've got kids of my own I want them to be able to enjoy some of the same experiences.

Its been interesting as I've started looking around at how space inefficient many trailers are with all of the space devoted to fixed beds. Which of course tends to drive the size of trailers up and I prefer to be in the 25' range. Hence our interest in the 25BRDS and 2509S.
The space inefficiencies you mention are not an issue for hybrids liked the Rockwood Roo and Flagstaff Shamrock, but hybrids arenít for everyone.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:20 PM   #7
Grammar Pedant

As someone else said, make sure to check out the Rockwood subforum ... particularly the 2509S threads ... which is the exact same trailer as you're looking at.

I have the 2504S, which is very similar to the 09S (and 25BRDS). I just have narrower bunks, bigger bathroom with linen closet, pantry in the kitchen, more storage, over-counter storage, different orientation of the TV, but no outdoor kitchen. I think it discontinued the 2504S.

We love our trailer. It worked amazingly well. The only issue we had was some interior trim pieces came undone. I had to staple them back into place.

RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #8

We own a 23FB Micro Lite that we purchased new in the spring of 2016.
The camper has been perfect for us, no issues other than a rock that put a hole in the front rock guard(made up a small patch and was good to go)
Soon to be starting our fourth season and still very happy with our decision.
We have over 120 nights camped in this trailer, would buy another one without hesitation.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
TRD

We have the Flagstaff 25BDS and the 2 of us love it. Bought a 2018 without the front window. Murphy bed gives so much extra room. No problems with anything so far. We have 2,500 miles on the trailer since last August. Just returning from MI to SC trip. The outdoor kitchen is a real plus for us. Like that the awning covers the entire activity length including kitchen and outdoor grill. The only big change made was to tires. Put on 4 Goodyear Endurance during the trip due to nail in sidewall of factory set. Endurance have stiffer sidewalls and lesson any sway from passing trucks. We have continued to look at other trailers after our purchass.. we have not found anything that we would like better than our 25BDS.
TV is a 2018 Ford F150 10 speed 2.7 EcoBoost reg cab with 8' bed. The tow mode really helps when going down the 5% grade north of Chattanooga. Only touched brakes once to initiate a downshift.
Lake MI Bi-boater (Sail and Power)
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski206 View Post
We are considering buying a Flagstaff 25BRDS and I'm looking for owners of this or other Flagstaff trailers who can provide feedback on their ownership experience. Did you feel your unit was well built? Have you had a problems with your unit etc.

Thanks very much.
We got our 2019 26fksb after looking for 2.5 years. We looked at a lot of brands and kept coming back to the Flagstaff. Great fit and finish compared to. Other brands. We picked it up from the dealer 6/26/19. We are very satisfied. No problems at all. I did have the adjust screen door latch. No big deal. We ordered our unit because we couldn't find one equipped with some of the options that we wanted. It took about 6 weeks from order date to delivery to the dealer and us. See you down the road.

Stickmam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, lite