Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 AM   #41
KnP

I like the flush look and the convinience on washing of the flat panels. The our 2306 Mini Lite has been a great purchase, nothing broken in 3 years.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #42

Mini lite 2104S

We love our mini. We have owned it since 2016. Took it from the East coast to Alaska. The only problem we had were the shelves collapsed, but I packed for 3 months and the roads can get real rough. We were gone 10 week's total. I moved my can goods to a rubber tub. My husband strengthen the shelves when we got home. We went through rvone.com and ordered it online, saved a few thousand. We were going to get a micro but they stopped delivering it to Albany NY. The Mini is exactly the same just different color cloth inside, also outside is white not tan. We ordered 3 extras, electric jack, electric awning and heated holding tanks for colder weather camping. One of my favorite things with the camper is the heated mattress. It just takes the edge off the early morning temperature, which is great when you have aches and pains. Good luck hope you enjoy yours as much as we have.
mharring15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:15 AM   #43

Minilite

You may wish to search the forum for the thread regarding Minilite rotted floors. We had a 2013 2104s that had no identifiable leaks (per dealer) and a rotted floor. Trade value dropped to $1000. We were very pleased to see it go.
cromhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #44

Did you find out how it rotted?
mharring15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #45

Chose not to spend the $6000-$7000 estimated cost to repair the floor so the answer is 'no'. Per the other thread on rotted floors, there seems to have been many problems similar to ours.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #46
Chris and Cecil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementsRoc View Post
We have the 2018 microlite 25FKS. It is the perfect layout for us and with the slide out and front kitchen it is very roomy. It is just the two of us and the dogs so we don’t need a lot of sleeping space. Without the slide out, it would be pretty cramped though.
We have the exact same unit and I ADORE the roomy inside kitchen along with a real bedroom. Outside grill and kitchen also great Love the dinette as opposed to the small jackknife couch with narrow table we had in the 21FBKS but as someone else mentioned the dinette table wobbles. Gotta get DH to work on a mod for that.

Rear storage is not as roomy but we make it work as we don’t full time and it’s just the 2 of us. Only downside for us compared to the models with Murphy bed is that you can’t access bath or bedroom with slide in as you can with the Murphy bed model. Good luck on your choice!
Old 10-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #47
Sunny Cove

This is true as we toured the plant in Millersburg, IN and saw our actual Mini trailer come on line and saw it being built. The trailer right next in line was a Micro and it got different interior fabrics and exterior graphics. Has something to do with dealerships and territories. They cannot have two Mini or Micro too close to each other but it’s okay to have a Mini next to a Micro. Rockwood vs. Flagstaff both ForestRiver.
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #48

2509S Mini

We just purchased this 2018 new from dealer. They wanted it off the lot asap so we got it at cost. We love the lay out. We had a Wildwood 26TBSS which we felt was more trailer than we needed with just the two of us and downsided to this unit. Love the extra counter space, Bunks are wider for our teenage grandsons if they go with us for weekend. The Murphy bed mattress needed some softening so added a foam topper. Bed folds up with it on. The unit came with a table and chairs, instead of U-shaped dinette (which we loved in the Wildwood). We decided to replace table with lightweight recliners. The bathroom is accessible when the slide is in as are the bunks if we need a place to sleep for the night and not put the slide out. Murphy bed can't be down when slide is in. We couldnt get to bathroom with the large slide in on the Wildwood. We owned a Mini lite before the Wildwood, needed more space with 3 dogs. But, no dogs now so the space is just right and size for towing easier on DH. Headed out for a couple more weeks of camping before season ends.
Very pleased with the trailer. Lots of upgrades from the previous Mini Lite. Solar ready, has the Wingard antennae, the WiFi boost. Went back to manual jacks, not a fan of the electric. Had an electric jack on front installed, courtesy of dealer. The storage isn't as much as the Wildwood but discovered we were carrying stuff we never used so we won't miss it!
TreeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #49

Love our Rockwood GeoPro

We looked at the Mini and MicroLite's while trying to decide what our first trailer would be. The mini and micro's where nice but just slightly too wide for our parking area. We decided on the GoePro F19FD because if it's Murphy bed. I really love that we can stretch out on the couch together and relax and watch TV. I even found foldable ottomans on Amazon that fit perfectly next to the couch when folded. We have pulled it with our 2014 Pathfinder this summer on several 1000 miles trips this summer and still are loving it.
cyberrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:35 AM   #50
Retired Coastie

Micro lite 25FBLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffdaddy View Post
New to this forum so first off Hello everyone!

Wife and I are starting our shopping in earnest. We have looked at the Micro Lite 25BRDS and Mini Lite 2509S equivalent and really like them. Just curious if there's anyone out there that liked them like we do and cross shopped them with other brands/models?

I am of two minds about the laminated walls vs a corrugated unit. I do love the sleek appearance and the front window on the new units is great, plus the weight savings. We have a Jayco hybrid right now that has suffered some leaks (one due to a latent manufacturing defect several years out of warranty), so I am no stranger to delamination. Thankfully our issues have been mostly cosmetic, but it does weigh on my mind with a new camper purchase.

Bought a 25' FBLS back in March. Absolutely love it! Looked high and low for 3 yrs before we found for us, the perfect trailer. Enough room for two with ample storage at a very reasonable weight for a 1/2 ton p/u. Probably 8-9 trips so far, most long weekends however we did have one trip to Estes Park (1 week of camping) as well with absolutely no problems. You'll love it.....
mcsebald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #51

As we looked to enter the camping world we had criteria that we were looking for.
1. Must have a sofa.
2. Wanted bunk beds so grandson could have his space when he is with us.
3. My wife did not a long camper.
4. Outdoor kitchen
After looking at a lot of trailers we purchased Microlite 25 BRDS in May as we could check all the boxes. Absolutely love the trailer. No issues thus far. We have towed about 4k miles thus far with no problems. Bunk area supplies some great storage space for the DW and I if we are travelling alone.
Best wishes
TNVJONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #52

Sorry I know it has been a few days but I Just saw this question you asked We paid $22,000 plus tax
TNVJONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVJONES View Post
As we looked to enter the camping world we had criteria that we were looking for.
1. Must have a sofa.
2. Wanted bunk beds so grandson could have his space when he is with us.
3. My wife did not a long camper.
4. Outdoor kitchen
After looking at a lot of trailers we purchased Microlite 25 BRDS in May as we could check all the boxes. Absolutely love the trailer. No issues thus far. We have towed about 4k miles thus far with no problems. Bunk area supplies some great storage space for the DW and I if we are travelling alone.
Best wishes
You have exactly the same checklist we did and we got exactly the same trailer! Grandson is only 4 months, but growing so fast it won't be long. Sounds like you got a much better deal on yours than we did though!
Nona2henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:39 PM   #54

Re: Minilite Choice

Our experience with a 2013 2104s Minilite was a disaster. After 4 years the floor rotted despite the dealer not being able to find any leaks. Repair estimated at $6000-$7000. Requests for assistance from manufacturer were met with "talk with your dealer." Trade value dropped from $6500 to $1000. Sad to say that there is never be another Forest River product in our future.
Recently acquired a 250vrk Sporttrek by Venture. Only two trips under our belt but so far so good.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:59 PM   #55

Mini Lite 2509S here - same unit as the Flagstaff 25BRDS, I believe. Only had it a few months, but enjoying it. Great floorplan and very nicely appointed. Two grandsons, age 7 and 5, so we're looking forward to lots of trips with them, and they'll love their own space with the bunks. (So will we!)

2019 Mini Lite 2509S (SOLD)
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4/Tow Pkg. (SOLD)
Moved on to Jayco Precept motorhome and Jeep Wrangler toad
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:18 PM   #56
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromhouse View Post
Our experience with a 2013 2104s Minilite was a disaster. After 4 years the floor rotted despite the dealer not being able to find any leaks. Repair estimated at $6000-$7000. Requests for assistance from manufacturer were met with "talk with your dealer." Trade value dropped from $6500 to $1000. Sad to say that there is never be another Forest River product in our future.
Recently acquired a 250vrk Sporttrek by Venture. Only two trips under our belt but so far so good.
I'm really sorry to hear that! We have the comparable 2013 Flagstaff 21DS, purchased used last year. So far, so good as far as rot goes, although we do have a soft spot at the foot of the bed.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:13 PM   #57

check your wheel wells

we have a 2015 Micro Lite 25KS, two months after the two year warranty had expired, we discovered a soft spot in the bath, which was to be a badly rotted floor, ... cause proved to be from a large open seam under the wheel well area and was there from the factory, ... after a local dealer verified the damage and the cause, FR agreed to, and did, replace the complete floor, ... the open seam being in the wheel well, was out of sight and when traveling in the rain or anytime water was on the road, water coming off the tires would be like a water hose spraying directly on the open seam allowing water to get where it should never be, ... when the tt came back from the factory, I removed the wheels, went into the wheel wells and sprayed expanding foam insulation into all the corner seams and then sprayed over that with flex seal to complete the job, ... after going thru this, I realized how easy that area is to be a problem area, ... you can't see in there and that's where a lot of water comes in contact with the trailer, ... it's very important that that area is sealed correctly, or suffer the consequences, ... rotted flooring, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #58

Wheel wells

Thanks for the "heads up" on checking the wheels wells for the possibility of water intrusion into the above flooring. Any chance you could post the specific products you used to correct the defect?
Old 11-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan 18 View Post
Thanks for the "heads up" on checking the wheels wells for the possibility of water intrusion into the above flooring. Any chance you could post the specific products you used to correct the defect?

when the trailer returned from the factory, it was repaired, but after having seen the rotted flooring, I couldn't get that pic out of my memory and wanted to do something that would give me peace of mind that that would never happen again, ... I sprayed the corner seams with the expanding insulation foam called Great Stuff and then because it's a yellow color, I "painted" over it and the other seams inside the wheel wells with two coats of Black Flex Seal to give another layer of protection, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite