Old 08-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #1

Considering flagstaff 2017 27rlws emerald???

Looking for advice or ideas.

HAS ANYONE HAD THE FOUR CORNER POWER JACKS AND WISHED THEY DIDNT HAVE THEM?
DO THE HEATED TANK PADS ACTUALLY WORK?

WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT THIS FLOOR PLAN?

CONSIDERING THESE OPTIONS:

EMERALD PKG (NOW CALLED PKG F)
OYSTER EXT (IS NOW AN EXTRA FOR THE EMERALD)
4 POWER STAB JACKS
HEATED TANKS
LADDER
1/2 SLIDE FRONT STORAGE TRAY
EXTRA MAXXAIR FAN (IN LIVING AREA)
FREE STANDING TABLE/CHAIRS
WOOD LOOK FLOOR
RAISED PANEL REFER FRONT

FYI GONE NOW IS THE FLIP UP FRONT WINDOW COVER.RPL NOW WITH A FLUSH FIT DARK AUTOMOTIVE GLASS

Old 08-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #2

Why all the CAPS? 7th season and 200 campgrounds later my electric stabilizers are still going strong. I have never used my tank heaters so I can't tell you much. The rest of your plumbing is not protected so don't think you can go into constantly below freezing temps for long periods of time without additional work to protect your plumbing. I have many times overnighted between 25-30 and never needed the heaters.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #3

LCI now has auto-level available for SOME TTs. Level and stabilize at the push of a button. FR is putting them on models strong enough to accept them. I'd ask..... they are on my 5er and will never be without them again.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #4

We have a 2015 27RLWS. We like the floorplan and the interior storage is awesome. Countertop extension makes for a copious amount of work area in the kitchen and makes DW and myself smile as I do a lot of food prep and cooking. I hate the electric stab jacks. They are slow and you have to go from one side to the other positioning wood as only one side comes down at a time. This trailer is very bouncy possibly due to the torsion suspension and I have the XChocks and use screw jackstands at the wheels and you better not fill your glass at the table if people are walking around as it will spill. I am going to install 6 scissor jacks and using a cordless drill will get them down faster.
Heated tanks is a matter of preference. Better ones that operate on both AC & DC can be installed later if you find the need.
Ladder IMHO is a must. Makes access to the roof and slides a snap.
Prefer the dinette booth for storage and sleeping but this is a personal choice.
While the wood look floor is nice we have the lighter gray stone look floor. It makes the interior brighter but more importantly it is awesome at hiding dirt and footprints. After all it is a camper and dirt will track in.
Keep in mind these are all personal choices on our part. overall we find the unit to be great and are happy with our choice. Good luck in your decision.

Doug
2005 Road King
5 Grandkids
Brianna,Frankie,Tyler,Tori&Jocelyn
dougk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #5

Everything that Dougk53 said is right on the money! We have the fridge front, looks great. We ordered the king dinette as we have LOTS of grandchildren and needed the sleeping area, but that is personal preference. I also use the X chocks, and use as many wood blocks as I can fit in depending on site, to minimize the height the scissors jacks come down, again to minimize bounce. I WD40 the jacks before every trip, and use the factory supplied tool to lower the jacks as I like to feel the pressure I am applying to each jack. I feel they are stronger than the electrics. I recently added the Stromberg Carlson Stabil-Step jack under the bottom step to minimize bounce from people entering.

We did not order the emerald edition as we did not want a darker colored trailer, as white is cooler in the summer, and did not want the bonded non-opening rear windows. Also we wanted a smoother floor surface to make sweeping up easier following a trip to the beach. Besides which, the trailer is an exact match to our white Ram truck.
Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZN View Post
Looking for advice or ideas.

HAS ANYONE HAD THE FOUR CORNER POWER JACKS AND WISHED THEY DIDNT HAVE THEM?
DO THE HEATED TANK PADS ACTUALLY WORK?

WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT THIS FLOOR PLAN?

EMERALD PKG (NOW CALLED PKG F)
OYSTER EXT (IS NOW AN EXTRA FOR THE EMERALD)
4 POWER STAB JACKS
HEATED TANKS
LADDER
EXTRA MAXXAIR FAN (IN LIVING AREA)
WOOD LOOK FLOOR
RAISED PANEL REFER FRONT

FYI GONE NOW IS THE FLIP UP FRONT WINDOW COVER.RPL NOW WITH A FLUSH FIT DARK AUTOMOTIVE GLASS
We had the Power Stability Jacks on a 2015 Flagstaff V-Lite 26WRB. They were already installed when we purchased from dealer. At first, thought it would be a nice feature. However, and they were anything but "Stable". Swore I would never have them again. Recently downsized to a custom ordered 2017 Flagstaff SuperLite 23FBDS (Murphy Bed) and made sure it came with just the Scissor Jacks installed. They are way more stable! Use my cordless-drill to operate them. We did order it with both the "Emerald" and "Sapphire" packages. We have not used the unit a lot so far but we are very happy with it. Both units came with tank heater pads but have yet to find it necessary to use them. They could prove useful if you travel in subzero conditions though.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #7
Canadian Member

CRUZN, the Rockwood 2703WS is the exact same trailer as the Flagstaff 27RLWS but with different interior colors and fabrics, so if you're searching the forum, check on that model number as well.

This thread will interest you.
27RLWS
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZN View Post
Rethink these. The front storage isn't all that deep that the tray is necessary and the tray itself takes up valuable storage space.
Getting the dinette gives you two extra storage areas, one accessible from both inside and out. The other has a full-pull drawer we use as a pantry. Behind the drawer (accessed by lifting the seat) is space to store a case of wine. Also, the dinette converts to a bed. On a long tip I contracted a bad cold and Penny sure was glad she had another place to sleep. (Cough-cough, wheeze-wheeze.)
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #9

We have the Rockwood 2703WS. Love the floor plan, especially the large living area. If you get the tv in the bedroom it is a bit tight getting between that and the bed so we go thru bathroom. I have had no problems with the power jacks, they are a bit noisy when extending or retracting. There is some rocking and we are thinking about trying X-Chocks to better stabilize the unit. We have U shape table in dining since we have kids and grandkids join us on some trips and need extra seating and the storage under it is nice. Have camped in sub freezing weather with no freeze up issues, tanks are heated. I would consider at minimum a 15k a/c upgrade and pre-wire for second a/c if you are doing any camping in hot areas. Our unit has single 13.5k and could not keep up in 100 degree daytime temps, it got hot during the day but was good at night. Thinking about adding another a/c to bedroom would have been nice to have it pre-wired. Ladder a must, love the fireplace it really puts out the heat. We preferred the colors of the Rockwood over Flagstaff. Don't have storage tray, I think it would reduce storage area. Check out outside grill mounting, ours was too low and grill hit wheel trim and did not sit level, had to modify it. Good luck
Old 08-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #10

Take this with a grain of salt.... I was talking to a local dealer who showed pictures of his unit out camping last winter. Said the temp was in the low 20's to upper teens for the weekend. He was plugged into shore power and ran the heat pads for the duration. Pictures showed 6-8 inches of snow around the trailer. Said he was hoping for 10 degrees because that is what the system is supposedly rated for. Said he had no issues.

SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff