Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #1
Citrus County, Fl.

Converter Brand

We are in the process of ordering an 832IKBS and are wondering if anybody knows the brand of converter this unit uses. I saw a download in the library for a Progressive Dynamics which is what we had in our old unit and hopefully that is what Flagstaff is supplying.

Thanks
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
We are in the process of ordering an 832IKBS and are wondering if anybody knows the brand of converter this unit uses. I saw a download in the library for a Progressive Dynamics which is what we had in our old unit and hopefully that is what Flagstaff is supplying.

Thanks
Most likely it will have a wfco converter as that is what ALMOST everyone uses from the factory.

I'd prefer a progressive dynamics as well and had to put one in my flagstaff when the wfco gave up the ghost.
You could have the dealer switch it out "for a nominal fee"

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Site Team

WFCO converters are the most common converters in the RV Industry, not just Forest River.

as was said, you could pay the dealer extra to upgrade to a PD one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Citrus County, Fl.

I will see if the dealer will do a swap out. Does anybody know if it is a stand alone unit or part of the power center?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
I will see if the dealer will do a swap out. Does anybody know if it is a stand alone unit or part of the power center?
It's a stand alone unit with a charger and fuse panel hooks to the breaker panel 2 different things in 1 area all power go through. I'm not sure when your unit was built. In the beginning of March I forgot what date exactly, I was told that FR was now putting in Progressive in all units by a FR source. They tested them first in there FR3 campers first. Depending on the date that it comes off the line you might have one standard. If not I agree 100% try to work a deal with your RV Dealer to install it now, you then be one happy camper out the gate....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It's a stand alone unit with a charger and fuse panel hooks to the breaker panel 2 different things in 1 area all power go through. I'm not sure when your unit was built. In the beginning of March I forgot what date exactly, I was told that FR was now putting in Progressive in all units by a FR source. They tested them first in there FR3 campers first. Depending on the date that it comes off the line you might have one standard. If not I agree 100% try to work a deal with your RV Dealer to install it now, you then be one happy camper out the gate....
Thanks for the update. Our unit is on order and as of 4-10 had not gone on the production line yet. We are seeing the dealer today and I will see if he can contact the factory and find out if they will be using the Progressive converter.

Tags
converter