Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #1
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,614
Converter Brand

We are in the process of ordering an 832IKBS and are wondering if anybody knows the brand of converter this unit uses. I saw a download in the library for a Progressive Dynamics which is what we had in our old unit and hopefully that is what Flagstaff is supplying.

Thanks
__________________

GL1800Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
We are in the process of ordering an 832IKBS and are wondering if anybody knows the brand of converter this unit uses. I saw a download in the library for a Progressive Dynamics which is what we had in our old unit and hopefully that is what Flagstaff is supplying.

Thanks
Most likely it will have a wfco converter as that is what ALMOST everyone uses from the factory.

I'd prefer a progressive dynamics as well and had to put one in my flagstaff when the wfco gave up the ghost.
You could have the dealer switch it out "for a nominal fee"




TURBS

Sabre owners united!
__________________

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 15,916
WFCO converters are the most common converters in the RV Industry, not just Forest River.

as was said, you could pay the dealer extra to upgrade to a PD one.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,614
I will see if the dealer will do a swap out. Does anybody know if it is a stand alone unit or part of the power center?
GL1800Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 9,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
I will see if the dealer will do a swap out. Does anybody know if it is a stand alone unit or part of the power center?
It's a stand alone unit with a charger and fuse panel hooks to the breaker panel 2 different things in 1 area all power go through. I'm not sure when your unit was built. In the beginning of March I forgot what date exactly, I was told that FR was now putting in Progressive in all units by a FR source. They tested them first in there FR3 campers first. Depending on the date that it comes off the line you might have one standard. If not I agree 100% try to work a deal with your RV Dealer to install it now, you then be one happy camper out the gate....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #6
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It's a stand alone unit with a charger and fuse panel hooks to the breaker panel 2 different things in 1 area all power go through. I'm not sure when your unit was built. In the beginning of March I forgot what date exactly, I was told that FR was now putting in Progressive in all units by a FR source. They tested them first in there FR3 campers first. Depending on the date that it comes off the line you might have one standard. If not I agree 100% try to work a deal with your RV Dealer to install it now, you then be one happy camper out the gate....
Thanks for the update. Our unit is on order and as of 4-10 had not gone on the production line yet. We are seeing the dealer today and I will see if he can contact the factory and find out if they will be using the Progressive converter.
__________________

GL1800Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
converter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.