Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #1
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,666
Converter location

Anyone provide me with the location in a 2015 V-Lite 30 WRLIKS. Thanks. Later RJD
__________________

__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,745
I can't tell you where, but I assume you mean CONVERTER, not inverter?? Most RV's don't come with inverters.

Converter: 120VAC to 12VDC
Inverter: 12VDC to 120VAC
__________________

__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,296
V-lites don't come with INverters, unless you or previous owner had one installed.

Your CONverter will be behind the breaker panel.
Is yours malfunctioning?
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,666
Thanks for the mistake I made in calling it an inverter. Looking for the location due to hearing strange noise like maybe need to check if it is vibrating due to insecure mounting and maybe need to re tighten. I do not see it located behind the breaker panel and the noise is not coming from there. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Weedsport NY
Posts: 118
I bet you have a WFCO charger/converter. Brown one? If so the converter is under the breaker panel. You need to remove the faceplate from the charger/converter. To do that, open the door to expose the fuses and breakers. There should be a couple of visible screw heads usually chrome/silver colored. remove those and tip the whole panel down.
Under the breaker panel you'll then find the puny little useless converter charger. The cooling fan is on the right end of it. Probably a small aluminum panel on the front of it for protection.
__________________
Semi retired now and enjoying it.


2013 F150 Super Cab 4x4, 3.5L ecoboost , 7700lb suspension package. 11,300 towing capacity and Max Tow package
2015 Flagstaff 8528IKWS Diamond
aquaholic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:03 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
I bet you have a WFCO charger/converter........puny little useless converter charger.
I have had WFCO converters in all of my RVs and never had a problem. There are tens of thousands of WFCO converters out there doing a fine job. Can you please quantify your opinion?

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I have had WFCO converters in all of my RVs and never had a problem. There are tens of thousands of WFCO converters out there doing a fine job. Can you please quantify your opinion?

Bruce
There's better out there and it's not wfco.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Weedsport NY
Posts: 118
Doing a fine job you say? You probably believe the little light on the panel tells you when your battery is fully charged too.
You need to just search WFCO converters on this site and on the web. Then you'll get it. If you sit plugged in at a campground all the time your WFCO is fine. The info is out there if you really want it. I've personally had 2 fail and all 4 I've owned never fully charged any battery on my RVs. Proven with hydrometers and with a trimetric meter. My direct experience, not conjecture or hearsay. Then you add in the dinky wires the manufacturers use and you have no chance of charging a battery. 32' of awg10 wire from a WFCO up to the battery in front is not going to charge anything. I checked the voltage at the batteries when the WFCO was in full charge. 13 volts at the battery. Should have been 14.4. Granted the wires had a lot to do with it but I then checked the output directly on the wires from the charger. Guess what? 13.6 volts was the best that wfco could manage. Tested many times all with a partially discharged battery. That charger should have been belting out 14.4. Never did. None of mine did.
If you like your WFCO keep it. Personally I'll use something better. Progressive Dynamics or Powermax Boondocker for me.
__________________
Semi retired now and enjoying it.


2013 F150 Super Cab 4x4, 3.5L ecoboost , 7700lb suspension package. 11,300 towing capacity and Max Tow package
2015 Flagstaff 8528IKWS Diamond
aquaholic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholic3 View Post
Doing a fine job you say? You probably believe the little light on the panel tells you when your battery is fully charged too.
You need to just search WFCO converters on this site and on the web. Then you'll get it. If you sit plugged in at a campground all the time your WFCO is fine. The info is out there if you really want it. I've personally had 2 fail and all 4 I've owned never fully charged any battery on my RVs. Proven with hydrometers and with a trimetric meter. My direct experience, not conjecture or hearsay. Then you add in the dinky wires the manufacturers use and you have no chance of charging a battery. 32' of awg10 wire from a WFCO up to the battery in front is not going to charge anything. I checked the voltage at the batteries when the WFCO was in full charge. 13 volts at the battery. Should have been 14.4. Granted the wires had a lot to do with it but I then checked the output directly on the wires from the charger. Guess what? 13.6 volts was the best that wfco could manage. Tested many times all with a partially discharged battery. That charger should have been belting out 14.4. Never did. None of mine did.
If you like your WFCO keep it. Personally I'll use something better. Progressive Dynamics or Powermax Boondocker for me.
I agree.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #10
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Thanks for the mistake I made in calling it an inverter. Looking for the location due to hearing strange noise like maybe need to check if it is vibrating due to insecure mounting and maybe need to re tighten. I do not see it located behind the breaker panel and the noise is not coming from there. Later RJD
I changed the title name for you to accurately reflect your true intention.

Not all RV's have the converter below the electrical distribution panel, although that is probably the most common place. Are there any air louvers/slots in or around the electrical distribution panel. If not, then the converter is more likely located elsewhere.

They can be located under beds, in false panels in the pass-thru storage, etc.

This previous thread may be of help in locating the converter:

No 12 volt or hvac
__________________

__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat, inverter, location

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.