Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #1

Couple issues w/ 27flws

Hello, picked up a new 27flws Friday. Im new to RVing and am having a couple issues. Got the furnace running last night for a few minutes then it stopped and am unable get it going again, gas is on and the fuse is good. Also the TV won't turn on, will check power to the outlet later today. The PDI walk a round at the dealer was less than impressive.
thanks
Jim B
Anacortes Wa
bohnker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #2

You may have to reset the GFCI to get T.V. to turn on. For the furnace try to light your stove you may have to purge air out of the lines.
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:58 AM   #3

Yeah I think it might be the GFI too. I tried to reset it last night but it would not "click on" like ones I'm used to. But with the furnace it was working for a few minutes then quit. Played with the thermostat and got the a/c blower to work but no heat, will try again later today.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #4

Your GFCI may still be the issue if it won't reset. It should "click on".
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

I have had to turn the thermostat down to the bottom temperature to reset the furnace. I always run the stove for a while to make sure that the LP gas is present at the furnace. Hope this helps. Our furnace has to be reset if we run out of propane. It happened one night and it was a cold night. I make sure I have plenty now.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #6

Was able to get the GFCI to reset and have power to the outlets so TV is working. But the furnace will not work. Like I said earlier, last night I tried it for the first time and it ran for a few minutes then stopped. I have gas to the stove and the fuses are all good. Looks like I'll be calling the dealer in the am.
Jim B.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #7

Just tried beechjet16mf's suggestion to turn down the thermostat and then back up. It did not help but thanks anyway.
Jim B.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #8

Turn the furnace off at the thermostat and turn back on. The furnace could be locked out. This will happen if the furnace tries to light and cannot. After several attempts it will lock out.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #9

Dealer advised me to take the trailer to a local rv repair shop. Turns out the furnace fan went bad. They replaced it under warranty. I'm happy again.