Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Toy-aholic

Coupler height on Flagstaff 831KDSS

Anyone have an 831KDSS that could tell me the level coupler height? Ordered a shank with a guess of 19"...hope I'm right!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #2

Hello again, EXGMTech. I would strongly suggest letting the dealer set up the hitch when your camper arrives, because they know the proper setup procedures, and it can make a world of difference, if not done properly. I watched the service guys set mine up to my truck, and from what I saw, you park the truck and the camper on a flat level surface, then put the tongue on the camper, and attach the weight distribution bars, and tighten the chains, as well. Then, step back, and observe the level of the coupled 2 vehicles. They should not sag down any at the hitch, or raise up- but be level across. Also, the whole ball assembly the way they did mine, tilts back toward the camper slightly. That's how they did mine, but I still suggest letting them handle it- after all, that's a lot of money behind you- not to mention being as safe as possible for you to pull. Good luck, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #3

21.5"
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff