Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Cover needed 21FBRS

E are looking for a quality cover for our Flagstaff 21FBRS 2014. Would like entrance opening, breathable but somewhat waterproof. Heavy duty and secure. Anyone have any suggestions that fits this model. Not looking for budget cover.
Campsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campsters View Post
E are looking for a quality cover for our Flagstaff 21FBRS 2014. Would like entrance opening, breathable but somewhat waterproof. Heavy duty and secure. Anyone have any suggestions that fits this model. Not looking for budget cover.
It gets too windy here where I live for a cover so just a question about the winds where you live. Do they gust to 50 mph or more? If so, a cover can do more harm than good. (There is a 5th wheel camper parked two spots from me at the RV Lot and had a new cover this winter so I've been watching it's durability and, now, it had multiple tears and one is a few feet long on the south side.)

I asked my dealer why he doesn't have any out in the store for sale and he said he's seen too many RV's damaged by them here so doesn't even sell them.

So I have plastic covers over my awnings (main awning and slide out awning) because our sun has very high UV rays here that ruin them as well as a cover over my AC unit and, of course, tire covers. (I have to tie the tire covers down very snug as the high winds will tear them right off here.)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #3

No not many issues with wind. We live in Charlotte, heat and humidity in the summer. I have it at an outdoor uncovered facility and the other rvs are covered. Was told you need a snug one that doesn't catch the wind. I wish there was one specifically made for it but I know that's not an option.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #4

we used the adco 34842 designer cover. i would consider buying the next size down and skipping covering the bumper and tire though
Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #5

MountainDream do you have the same camper? I will check out the Adco that you mentioned. Really hoping for a door opening as well. Thanks everyone for your replies.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campsters View Post
MountainDream do you have the same camper? I will check out the Adco that you mentioned. Really hoping for a door opening as well. Thanks everyone for your replies.
We have the 21 Fbrs... it has a door opening that allowed us to get into the trailer while still covered