Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

Did a ride test last night on the V-Lite

Well we have had our new V-Lite for a couple weeks now and the only towing was bringing it home. So last night in preparation for our weekend trip we took it to town and flushed the tanks. The drive is abt 25km and we live out in the country on a dirt road. Our old Edgewater rode very badly, so much so one of the drawers in the bunk house usually would come out on every trip, all the clothes would be on the floor spices out of the spice rack etc. So we did the std fasten all the things that should be like the dining chairs to the table. BUt we left the spices in the rack, a couple books on the dresser in the bedroom and a pen and paper on the kitchen counter knowing full well we would be looking ofr it when we got home. So off we went and the drive had some spots where the truck got pounded pretty good but looking back at the trailer, it never seemed to move and I couldn't feel any bucking at all from the hitch. Drove over a couple train tracks that would literally make all 4 wheel come off the gorund on the old trailer again just seemed to float over them. When we got home and opened the trailer the spices were all still in the rack, the books where we left them and that silly pen never moved at all on the kitchen counter. We even have a bunch of coat hangers in the closet with nothing on them as well as some clothes on others and not one hanger was on the floor. To say I am impressed with the ride and way the V-Lite hauls is an understatement.

I have to give Forest River 2 thumbs up for ride quality with this trailer.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
camping

I agree, on our first trip we did 2800 miles and it towed like a dream.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff