Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn View Post
Just purchased our 2018 Rockwood 2109s last weekend. First short shake down trip is this weekend. As for price, I found the best deal at a small dealership in Ohio but my local dealer matched their price on a unit with several more options. I wanted to buy local anyway to establish a good relationship for warranty work and such so it worked out really well. For us empty nesters this seems like a great floor plan.
Can I ask a question about the sofa in this unit? I looked that the rockwood and the flagstaff today and the couch was so far forward of the wall it was a waste of space. We decided after looking at both of them that we are getting the 2509s. I fell in love with the front kitchen and the separate bedroom.
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #22

There is space behind the couch in the 2109s. The removable table goes back there when not in use and I am finding the leftover space good for storage. I would prefer it a couple inches back myself though.

2018 Rockwood mini lite 2109s
TV: 2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
Roanoke, Virginia
Captn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn View Post
There is space behind the couch in the 2109s. The removable table goes back there when not in use and I am finding the leftover space good for storage. I would prefer it a couple inches back myself though.
Thanks for that. This was the only thing I didn't like about this coach, this is why we decided to go with the 2506s, with the front kitchen. It has the u shaped dinette that I can take out table and add footstools to make it more couch like.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #24

That is a nice plan as well. We considered the 2104 which has the u shaped dinette instead, but I wanted the sofa.

2018 Rockwood mini lite 2109s
TV: 2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
Roanoke, Virginia
Captn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupScrappy View Post
Just as many have said here. They are the same. When I inquired about having two identical lines, I was told it had to do with dealer territories. But they told me that it's just the decals and fabric choices that make the difference. I have the 21FBRS and I absolutely love this rig. So much room and comforts for a lightweight smaller trailer. As I was told this model is known as the 21ft on the outside 31ft on the inside.
we have same 21fbrs any leaks???
CHERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #26

we have a 21fbrs 2013 and also love it. noticed some dampness in under carriage by bathroom shower. no internal or external leaks. suspect frog. drain connection. have not checked it out but have seen similar comments on forum
Old 04-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #27

Cheri, could you further explain the "frog. drain connection? We have some dampness around the undercarriage under the shower as well. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:25 AM   #28

refrigerator drain connection

it is the small hose that comes out the back of the frig. and drains thru the outside rig. access pane. have not tested it yet by pouring some water in the condensation tray inside the frog. under the cooling fins to see if water comes out drain hose or runs down the back of frig. no other leaks or wet spots under the shower floor anywhere..will let forum know results of test
Old 04-16-2017, 07:47 AM   #29

Funny how plans change. We went to buy the 2506 then completely changed our minds and went with a Shamrock 21ss! Probably find something else next week if I don't hurry and pay for one!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #30

Ridgeway Rat

Has any one noticed that the 21fbrs and the 2109s are 8 inches lower to the ground ? We are considering one and noticed it only has two steps. We have a 2104S and it has 3. When you live a lot outside and cook and eat outside it's in and out, in and out. Seems so much easier to just go 2 steps? Also it seems it would tow better too being lower to the ground. Are we the only ones who noticed?
Tcullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
Can I ask a question about the sofa in this unit? I looked that the rockwood and the flagstaff today and the couch was so far forward of the wall it was a waste of space. We decided after looking at both of them that we are getting the 2509s. I fell in love with the front kitchen and the separate bedroom.

We have a 2012 21FBRS. The couch folds out to make a bed so the room behind it is needed for clearance. We use that space for storage. It is a handy place for the electric cord for shore power.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #32

We store our Solar panel behind the couch so the space is well utilized

TV: 2014 RAM 1500
2017 Rockwood 2109S
Abcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
Funny how plans change. We went to buy the 2506 then completely changed our minds and went with a Shamrock 21ss! Probably find something else next week if I don't hurry and pay for one!

Bought the 21ss hybrid and I hate it. Wish I would have stuck with the 2506s. No smoke, not as much noise, no rain that sound like bullets on the canvas.
Anyone want to buy a Shamrock 21ss?

Tags
210, 2109s, flagstaff, lite, rockwood