Old 04-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #11
Old Timer

Pins!

Good Morning, Yes, the pins need to be pulled before trying to roll up the awning but nothing will happen unless you hold the button down to long. If you enlarge the picture when the awning is down you will see I have one of the antenna warning signs clipped to the pin. I normally have the front awning arm pinned in the second holes so the door does not rub on the awning and the rear arm pinned in bottom holes. This also lets the rain run off if there would be a rain. I have found over the years that now matter how calm a day you are experiencing there will be a rogue gust come along and unless you tighten the locking knobs with a pair of pliers the arms will pop up. The pins take care of that problem. My drawers have adjustments to keep them from coming out during travel but they would still come out under some road conditions. The PVC pipe takes care of the problem. We will be leaving for NE come Monday morning and I am looking forward to the trip as I have the Vlite ready to roll. Everything is fixed and I even have learned how to set up the Vlite so it is not tilted and unstable. My wife and I do not enjoy staying in motels. As long as we are able to travel we will keep using the Vlite as our traveling bedroom that has a continental breakfast every morning. Hopefully I will get a couple trips to the lake for fishing when the wife is lusting over her great grandchildren. You have a great day and fun travels and keep in touch.

5.4 L V8, Tow Pkg, Equalizer Hitch
2015 Flagstaff VLite 26VFKS
ddcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #12

ddcarr,
Have a great trip to NE. Thanks for your info. Still learning the Vlite.

txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #13
Old Timer

The Trip!

Good Evening,

We now have close to 1000 miles under our belt on the trip to NE and everything is going great. The F150 (with new Bridgestone tires) is working great and the Vlite has been exceptional. Everything is working and I have finally worked out the setup. The Lord has smiled on us as we have had the wind behind us all the way. I am averaging over 10 mpg and the driving has been pretty effortless. We are in Dalhart, TX and are leaving in the morning for NE. We had planned a couple day layover but have 24 hours to get to NE before a big storm hits. So tomorrow will be a 400 mile day and I will be really glad to get it done. Thank goodness the Vlite has been such a good traveler. Let me know if I can be of any help with any problems with yours as I have pretty well gone through everything with ours.

5.4 L V8, Tow Pkg, Equalizer Hitch
2015 Flagstaff VLite 26VFKS
ddcarr is offline   Reply With Quote