Old 04-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #1

Dinette and sofa problem

On my dinette after sitting, the bottom cushion moves outward. I thought about placing a strip of wood the length of cushion in order to keep it from moving. Does anyone have any ideas?

When traveling, my sofa wants to move out into middle of the floor.
I thought about changing the wheels to the type that can be locked in place
or place some type of wedge under the wheels. Anyone have a fix for this?

txredfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #2

You could place some velcro on the cushions to keep them from sliding. That is what is on my couch at home to keep them in place.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #3

Velcro is a good idea. You could also try putting some of that rubber shelf liner under the cushions.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
Old Timer

2015 Flagstaff 26FVKS Vlite

Good Morning! I was going through all the posts on the 26FVKS and see that you still have yours. I have gone through several gyrations with ours and am now back to where I should have been originally. I went from a 36' diesel pusher to the Vlite with the intent of living in it for 6 months in AZ. Well, that was not good. Put the Vlite up for sale after purchasing a park model in AZ. The Vlite did not sell because of market conditions and we now have it back and are very happy. Using the Vlite as a travel trailer instead of a full time home made a great difference in our attitude. All the work I have done on the Vlite has paid off and with a lot of study I finally understand all the attributes it has. I have everything working and have pretty well solved all the little problems that made it tough to use. I even have stopped the problem of the drawers in the living room slide coming open when we travel. I installed a tall, ceramic stool in the bathroom and that was a huge improvement. I drilled two sets of holes in the awning arms for pins so that the awning will not move back up. That also allows the awning to be set at an angle without changing when the knobs loosen for a light rain to drain. Oh, the rubber material for drawers under the cushions will help your seat cushion problem. I found that my couch will stay put if it is pushed back completely as there is a catch there. Just thinking out loud! Have a good day!
5.4 L V8, Tow Pkg, Equalizer Hitch
2015 Flagstaff VLite 26VFKS
ddcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #5

My dinette does the same thing I'm going to try the velcro
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #6

DDCARR,

Yes, the drawer rubber material does improve the dinette seat cushions. I had the same problem as you with the slide out living room drawer coming out during travel. Dealer fixed this problem by replacing the drawer slide mechinism. The problem with sofa was fixed after I figured out how to close it. I have to raise the sofa about 6 inches while closing in and it will catch. I was trying to close by pushing straight back thereby missing the catch. I am not sure what problem you solved with drilling holes into the awning arms. Can you explain a little better so that my feeble mind will understand? I did the same as you. I went from a 35' motorhome to the trailer. My only regret issue is the pass through under storage that I had in the motorhome. I now have to load up things into plastic containers and put into my tow truck each pre-trip. Kind of a pain. Most of this stuff (water hoses, electric hoses, sewer stuff etc), I kept in my previous motorhome storage.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #7
Old Timer

2015 Flagstaff 26FVKS Vlite

Hi again, The awning arms have a slotted adjustment that allows you to lower the angle of the awning and then keep it there by tightening two knobs. I found that the knobs came loose if there is any breeze. I drilled holes in the brackets and install pins to keep the awning at two different settings. I will take a picture and send it along so you can see what I did. I will take a picture of my drawer solution also since I think it is sorta neat. I installed my satellite rcvr today and only have a few things to round up and will be ready to head north. My solar panels are working great and look forward to heading for the lake in July. Bye for now!
Old 04-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #8

ddcarr, Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Just post them here.........
Old 04-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #9
Old Timer

Photos!

Good Morning, Hopefully the photos will come through ok. The first photo shows the awning partially out with the small holes in the black part of the adjustment arm. The second photo shows the awning fully deployed and in the up position. The third photo shows the awning pulled down and held in place with a pin (purchased at a hardware store---has a small ball to hold it in place and a ring to add a warning tag). My black tightening knobs would loosen if there is a tiny breeze and the pins take care of that problem. I used 1/4" holes and pins. The last photo shows my great idea to hold the drawers in place while traveling (my drawer slides have the adjustment to hold them in place but if the roads are rough the drawers still come out). I had a 1/2" piece of PVC left over from a plumbing job and found that it fit perfectly behind the drawer pulls. The PVC lays beside the couch while we are parked. I also put 320 watts of solar on the roof and now am fully self contained. I had the solar system left from a small camper that was flooded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_102235.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	105416   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_102608.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	105417   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_102700.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	105418   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_102317.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	105419  
Old 04-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #10

ddcarr,
I like both of your ideas. I have not had a drawer pull out yet but I will keep that idea. I have seen some people use bungy chords to hold the drawers.
I have not deployed my awning enough yet to have your problem. But that looks like a good idea as long as you don't forget to pull out the pin. I guess a fuse would probably blow before bending the awning.