Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #1

Dinette End Trim Thingee Broken!

I have a new Flagstaff MicroLite 25BDS with a large U-Dinette with decorative L-shaped trim pieces just above the drawers. It is held on by screws covered by leather buttons that snap on. Well, the trim piece sticks up so high that when you slide out of the dinette to get out, your butt rakes over the top of the trim piece unless you awkwardly raise up to clear it. Well, after one sitting, my skinny wife's butt not only knocked the button cover off one of the screws, the entire screw pulled out of the hole leaving it stripped. Nice design touch but clearly a flaw having the decorative trim piece stick up so high that you can never slide out of the dinette normally. Anyone else have a similar problem? I tried to attach a pic, but it wouldn't work.
iMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #2

I don't have that problem but would think cutting 1"or so of high density to fit under the cushions would raise the rear end high enough to clear the trim and still look OK
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote