Here is what I did. I went to direct TV Link: DIRECTV Remote Codes
and followed the following instructions. It worked for me.
Unable to Find Correct Code
If you were unable to find the code for your brand of TV or component, you can try a code search. This process may take up to 30 minutes.
1. Turn on the TV or component. Insert a tape or disk if applicable.
2. Slide the MODE switch to the TV, AV1 or AV2 position, as desired.
3. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same time until the green light under the selected switch position flashes twice, then release both keys.
4. Enter 9-9-1 followed by one of the following four digits:
Satellite - 0
TV - 1
VCR/DVD - 2
Stereo Receiver/Stereo Amplifier - 3
5. Press PWR, or other functions (e.g. PLAY for VCR) you want to use.
6. Point the remote at the TV or component and press CHAN+. Repeatedly press CHAN+ until the TV or component turns off.
NOTE: Every time CHAN+ is pressed the remote advances to the next code and power is transmitted to the component.
7. Use the CHAN- key to step back a code.
8. When the TV or component turns off, stop pressing the CHAN+ key. Then, press and release the SELECT key.
NOTE: If the light flashes 3 times before the TV or component responds, you've cycled through all codes and the code you need is not available. You must use the remote that came with your TV or component.