Old 06-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #11

We have DISH at home so take two boxes when traveling. We do have a King Dome on roof and cary a full size antenna on tripod when dome is blocked by trees. If I were buying a system today I would get a portable King antenna that can be mounted on roof or a stand on the ground. We prefer DISH for several reasons, the first is we get HD everywhere. Automatic antennas receives only standard definition with Direct. If you don't have DISH at home you can sign up for their RV pay as you go service. With DISH we make one call upon arrival and they change local channels to those where we are.

Center Point suspension
2005 F-350 6.0 psd CC SRW
PullRite Super 5th
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
If we are staying a few days I call up dish and have them change my local channels to the zip code where I am. Direct won't do that.
Directv WILL do the same. Ask for the Installation Address to be changed. If you get some idiot who tells you otherwise, just hang up and try another CS rep.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #13

Tailgater

I use a tailgater....dish tv...
Lightweight, point it south, travel with in the shower, call dish for local stations when on the road, hd
Old 06-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #14

DISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
We have DISH at home so take two boxes when traveling. We do have a King Dome on roof and cary a full size antenna on tripod when dome is blocked by trees. If I were buying a system today I would get a portable King antenna that can be mounted on roof or a stand on the ground. We prefer DISH for several reasons, the first is we get HD everywhere. Automatic antennas receives only standard definition with Direct. If you don't have DISH at home you can sign up for their RV pay as you go service. With DISH we make one call upon arrival and they change local channels to those where we are.
I have Dish and a King dome. I can't seem to get local channels and my other channels on the same sat position. I have to switch between two sat positions depending on if I want local or other channels like FS1. I am probably doing something wrong just now sure what it is. Is there a way to get all the channels on one sat position?
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck.C View Post
Directv WILL do the same. Ask for the Installation Address to be changed. If you get some idiot who tells you otherwise, just hang up and try another CS rep.
Thanks Chuck! Actually we have read that on this forum before but every time our friends try to do that exact thing over the last few years they have no luck and end up at 'our house' to watch their program. And they bring beer.. so I'm happy

I'll forward this to them once more. Thanks again.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #16

I have a carryout for sale ,works great . It works on direct or dish . I have a dish receiver and the satellite antenna with power cord for 475.00
Old 06-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I have the Dish Network TailGater which I use with a dish Receiver taken from my home, this combo results in no Extra charges per month, when I return home I just plug the receiver back up here at home.
This is on the money. I keep the antenna in the closet of our 5'er and just as mentioned, take a receiver from the house before heading out. Easy to set up and no hassle to move.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #18

I bought a Tailgator satellite system and use Dish network. It is called "Pay As You Go" with Dish. It is for those that just want the satellite service during camping season. It works well. I bought my Tailgator on line, but there are places that sell them. I hooked it up at home because Dish wants it hooked up when you call and on the road in a camper is not a good time. After hooking it up, I called Dish and within minutes I had satellite TV. It is great.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #19

I also have DirecTV and have a king Quest satellite dish. I had trouble with the Winegard carryout anser dish. Three of them quit working within a period of two years. The king Quest does everything for you just set it on the ground plug it in and let it do its thing.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #20

Used the Tailgater for 2 years with marginal success and only under optimal conditions. Bought a Pathway X2 last year and have had phenomenal service for the most part.

Tags
satellite