Old 06-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Thanks Chuck! Actually we have read that on this forum before but every time our friends try to do that exact thing over the last few years they have no luck and end up at 'our house' to watch their program. And they bring beer.. so I'm happy

I'll forward this to them once more. Thanks again.
DIRECTV did this for me, too - changed my installation address for me... but I had to give the exact address of our RV park.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 / 2017 = 14; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #22
jkoenig24

Just watch the billing. Dish has screwed over MANY RVers quoting one price and then hitting you with a higher bill than what you agreed to. I haven't tried Direct so, I can not speak from experience about them.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #23

Mr. Dan I would be interested in knowing more about the genie receivers working on the road.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
I use DirecTV. I also use a 18"X20" standard definition dish on a tripod. It depends which system you use, Direct or Dish Network. I take a receiver that works on standard definition with me. takes about 20 mins to set up. Or you can get one of the auto antenna pods for your system.
X2 but usually takes me more than 20 mins. Need to get a satellite meter.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:33 PM   #25

I use a King Quest Auto dish with Direct TV. It comes with a very small wire between the receiver and power unit. I couldn't get a good signal, the dealer said they have had problems with that small wire, they made up a standard RG6 cable wire, now it works great. Talked to tech at King Controls, he said he has been trying to get them to change that wire for a long time.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney007 View Post
Mr. Dan I would be interested in knowing more about the genie receivers working on the road.
When DW and I leave the house, there's no one left to watch TV so we take the Main Genie receiver from the family room and its remote control. At the campground, I place this receiver near the big TV in the entertainment center. I also pull the mini-Genie controller box, remote control and TV out of our bedroom. They go in the bedroom of the trailer.
My trailer has two satellite connections in the outside storage. I couldn't get Sat1 to work but, after a heap of experimentation, I got the Sat2 connection to work. I assume it had something to do with a splitter in the Sat1 line.
I remove the coax that connects to the trailer's entertainment center TV and use that coax to send the satellite signal to the bedroom TV (more later*). I use a secondary coax in the entertainment center (assume it goes to the Sat2 connection outside) to hook to the power inserter and splitter (both came with the DIRECTV HD antenna) and to the Main Genie. I run an HDMI cable from this receiver to the big TV. I connect a coax from the splitter to the
original coax that normally comes from the antenna (mentioned at * above). This coax transfers the satellite signal to other coax outlets including the bedroom and the outside storage bay. I run a coax from the antenna booster wall-plate in the bedroom to the mini-Genie and run an HDMI cable from that mini-receiver to the bedroom TV.

Read my posts in this thread. Be careful of reading other posts (I'm not being exclusive here) but many other posts are referring to DISH Network, etc.
Direct TV
It took me about 4 days to get this working the 1st time. Several issues:
- I wasn't seeing the elevation index marks on the antenna correctly.
- It was about 25 miles to a store where I could buy good quality coax parts.
- The trailer's coax wiring was squirrelly.
- I'm old.
Let me know if you have more questions.

EDIT: None of this changes my bill 1.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 / 2017 = 14; booked = 28
Old 06-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #27
Don't Camp Enough

After ten years of using a Kingdom on two different trailers, we opted for the Winegard Trav'ler. We have Direct at home and take our HD box with us and one genie for the BR. One push of a button and the dish finds 3 satellites. Three weeks ago we camped for 2 days under very large oaks that blocked the satellite. The campground had no cable. (City Park in Orlando) We dialed in local over the air digital channels for the news and caught up on several recorded shows on the HD box. The Trav'ler was pricey but now have the easy setup and HD.

DSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #28

POLES AND HOLDERS SELLS A LADDER ATTACHMENT FOR LARRED CONNECTION

Poles and Holders :: Mounts :: Ladder Mount for Satellite Dish - Your place for Flag Poles, Flags and Mountings

GETS BETTER RECEPTION DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE PROVIDER'S satellites.

We use Sat finder 3D for the app.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
POLES AND HOLDERS SELLS A LADDER ATTACHMENT FOR LARRED CONNECTION

Poles and Holders :: Mounts :: Ladder Mount for Satellite Dish - Your place for Flag Poles, Flags and Mountings

GETS BETTER RECEPTION DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE PROVIDER'S satellites.

We use Sat finder 3D for the app.
Sorry. What is a "LARRED CONNECTION"?

Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Sorry. What is a "LARRED CONNECTION"?
It's the kind of connection you get when you cross dyslexia with 'fat finger typing.'

LARRED = LADDER

TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite