Old 03-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #1

DR slide emergency exit window

2013 5 er with table and chairs in dining room slide....to open window/emergency exit you swing lever 90 degrees and push open.
Well you cannot swing the lever 90 degrees due to the table top being in the way....so window will not open....has any one encounter this? What changes do the factory recommend, without cutting or moving the table that is screwed to the floor...??? Thanks for input....these are the frameless luminex windows.....they also tend to stick to the seal if not opened regular....any thoughts on type of stuff to put on seal to help ...
I tried some 303 on the seal and window since says okay for rubber or plastic.....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #2

Too bad the people that design them don't camp in them. Then I think the industry would see both big and little changes that just make sense. I mean c'mon, it's an emergency window. For the frameless luminex windows, have you tried some baby or talc power on the seals?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #3

My only thought at the moment for a fix is to drill out the rivet and replace with pin and cotter key the same size....that way everything stays the same except you can take out the pin and push the window open, or open from outside and replace the handle that you remove to keep the window open....those of you with emergency exits of this type will know what I mean....also thinking about a flexable piece of something that is the same size as the handle that I will remove to push the window all the way out without have to go outside the camper....any other ideas ??

2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #4

The other fix - which I do not want to do would be increase the height of the table at least 2 inches....which would make it tooooo high for the DW.....but handle could be swiveled out under the table to allow it to be pushed out to open the window...

2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #5

Just another design flaw, one of many.
But you really don't need an emergency exit in the dining room anyway, do you?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #6

The warranty service from forest river was prompt and professional....and provided what is acceptable for all to stay in warranty.....instead of shade tree fix....The work is being done by CW in a prompt and professional manor....The final fix will be just a matter of putting a 2 inch piece of plywood where to of pedistal attaches to table.....so arm can swing under the table and push out the window....this will act as a shim that acceptable to FR...even though they mentioned the floor area ....which was not acceptable to us.....the top will save them money and time on labor and not require carpet and parts removal.....anyway that is the plan....if no future post it went well LOL....

2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch