Old 03-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #1

E-Pro 12rk

My son in law and daughter just bought a new Epro 12rk and like some on here said, the sales guy doesnít know that much about them. I see from some posts that the fridge will run on the battery inverter which would be awesome. I asked about that when we were at the dealer and the sales guy said he would have to check... he thought it was just 110volt.... which it true but he didnít seem to know about the inverter. Is that true?
They will be picking it up this coming Saturday and Iíll go along and will make sure either way and have them test everything. (Which really isnít that much....)
The other thing I think they would be interested in is the ARB awning some of you have used. Looks pretty nice. I need to look more into how to install that. If anyone has installed that and has photos of the process please post them. Iíd love to see it.
Thanks all!.

kk5fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #2

Looking at the specs for that rig I didn't see where an inverter was offered. The 12rk does come with a 3 way frig Gas,110V, 12V. could it be you are talking about the converter?

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Looking at the specs for that rig I didn't see where an inverter was offered. The 12rk does come with a 3 way frig Gas,110V, 12V. could it be you are talking about the converter?
Thanks for the reply. Iím not sure which specs your looking at. The E-Pro 12rk comes with a straight 110 volt fridge. The specs from the factory say the 12rk doesnít come with a 3 way. Plus there is no propane system at all. No heater or water heater.
Iíve read that it does have a 12vdc to 110ac inverter to keep the fridge running while driving. I didnít see that from the specs and was asking if anyone that has one could verify. Either way they will find out when they pick it up. If it doesnít have one itís easy enough to add one. They arenít that expensive.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #4

You know better then me maybe I read the specs from FR wrong I was looking at this page at the bottom for standards and options. http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...robrochure.pdf
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
You know better then me maybe I read the specs from FR wrong I was looking at this page at the bottom for standards and options. http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...robrochure.pdf
Ha! No worries my friend. Honestly I had to look it over a couple times to see how they worded it.
Also I just saw you’re retired Navy. Thank you for that. My Dad was Navy during WWII. Aviation Ordinance in the Solomon’s
Old 04-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #6

We are researching this trailer also. You are very correct, there is a lot of conflicting info on this model and sales people will give you different answers. What did you find out about how the refrigerator is powered? Is it able to run on battery power while on the road? Also, how is the battery recharged? Thanks for any help.
D.B. Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
We are researching this trailer also. You are very correct, there is a lot of conflicting info on this model and sales people will give you different answers. What did you find out about how the refrigerator is powered? Is it able to run on battery power while on the road? Also, how is the battery recharged? Thanks for any help.
Hello! Yes we found out lots of info after my son in law picked it up.
So while the fridge is a 110vac only, the outlet Is connected to an inverter. I actually believe a couple outlets are. So the fridge does run on battery power. The unit came with two 12vdc batteries.
The batteries charge two ways. Either when itís connected to shore power at home or in a park or while connected to your vehicle while driving similar to any other camper.
We are meeting them this weekend at an RV Park not far from here with our camper and they will be in theirs. Iíll have more time to go over it then if you have any other questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EA807494-1062-4ADF-A28D-29486E1C795E.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	526.4 KB
ID:	201328