Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2018, 08:05 AM   #1

E Pro 19FD- Geo Pro First Trip Observations

Took our new E Pro 19FD out for first trip. Week long, 1000 miles.. to Memphis TN from Indianapolis. Here are by observations. Very happy with the unit but several minor things have already broke. The strap on the Murphy Bed sofa ripped off. You can easily lift the sofa into position without the strap. The door on the sewer hose storage tube broke off. I think I can buy replacement online.
The table came apart while towing...2 times. The table top separated from the tube. We now lower the table onto the seats....as making it into a bed for travel. I had to lower the refrigerator slider for temperature to lowest positon to keep items from freezing in the frig. The stove vent "flap" which you unlock from the exterior is difficult to open, I need to use a knife to pry it open. I will probably glue on a knob assist in opening. On my last trailer, a Passport, the door broke.
I use the open area under the sofa for storage, lots of space. I took the fabric covered wood piece off the front of the sofa....just hangs onto a rod, to open the area up. There is probably a 5 or 6 inch opening the width of the sofa to access the area. A 10 gallon Rubbermaid tote box fits very well in this area. The lower rod, just above the floor...keeps items from sliding out during towing.
The Murphy bed came lose during travel and fell down on top of sofa, so you need to make sure the 2 sliders are well secured when the bed is up.
As mentioned in a previous post, the first time I ran the furnace the smoke alarm went off because the furnace was burning off residue...maybe sawdust, from the factory.
Water pressure is very low in the kitchen sink, much better in bathroom. The cheap, China tires did well during the 1000 mile trip. They are nitrogen filled, from the factory, and have not lost any pressure since trailer was purchased 6 months ago.
My unit did not come with the exterior gas connection, for a gas stove, but it came with Coleman, small propane tank, high pressure stove, which I understand performs better than one connected to the 20 lbs tanks. It stores nicely under the sofa.
I am not happy with the new type of fold down steps they use. It folds up into the camper for storage. Problem is if site not perfectly level, you need to use small wood pieces under the legs for support, or, if the area where legs would meet the ground is higher than the trailer, the steps don't go all the way down and the door will not close. The other problem is any dirt, sand or water on the steps falls onto floor when you lift the steps up into the trailer. Mounted a Furion Observation camera in the prewired mount and works well. As noted in other posts, it is powered on when lights are on. Removed the factory bike rack, leaving the mounting post which I am trying to figure out how to somehow use the post. After the rake is removed, a maybe 2 ft tall tube remains.
If you like a hard mattress, which I do, you will like the Murphy bed.
The wardrobe storage on both sides of bed is not tall enough for most hanging items such as shirts. But, the large, 3 shelf closed in the bathroom is great. I added several, small adjustable tension rods in the medicine cabinet and small plastic storage baskets which you can buy at Walmart etc for small items.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Site Team

Your dealer should have told about running the furnace before camping in it, to burn off the manufacturing oils BEFORE using it.

They should have also told you about taking the faucet screen off to clear out construction debris that will clog it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #3

I have the Geo Pro G16BH. We experienced 2 smoke alarms due to new heater use on our maiden voyage. Not fun to wake up to.

Did you notice the steps are adjustable? There is a pin on each side that is removed and each foot can be extended or pushed in accordinglingly. Both feet can be adjusted indipendently to accommodate uneaven ground.
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #4

adjustable steps

Thanks for your comment. I know steps are adjustable, but only in ......I would guess 1-2 inch increments....and sometimes just a bit off....so I carry small pieces of wood.....1/2 inch ...to make fine adjustments.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joindy View Post
Thanks for your comment. I know steps are adjustable, but only in ......I would guess 1-2 inch increments....and sometimes just a bit off....so I carry small pieces of wood.....1/2 inch ...to make fine adjustments.
Ah, good problem solving.
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote