Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #1

E-Pro 19QB Bike Rack

We ordered a new 19QB with the optional electric tongue jack and bike rack.

I have 2 questions:

1) I saw one yesterday and I'm wondering: can the electric tongue jack be operated manually (with the crank) with the bike rack in place?

2) Is anyone using the optional bike rack on for 2 adult bikes on a regular basis? Are you satisfied with it?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #2

The bike rack is a little difficult to use at first, but once you get your supports set and learn which way to lift your bike is best for you, it's great. I like having the ability to keep an eye on them while going down the road. I see lots of different ways people put the bikes on but for us going putting the bikes opposite direction seems to work best. Good luck!
Old 05-19-2019, 01:12 PM   #3

Thanks wevitt, do you put bikes one at the front and one at the back of the rack? That's what they seem to recommend, but it musn't be easy to do

Old 05-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #4

Yes, with them facing opposite directions.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:01 PM   #5

Yes

I have that bike rack on my 2109S. I have to put the higher bike on the rack that is closest to the trailer. I also had to remove the peddle because it was close to the window. I found it easier to put the bike on the back of the rack while the rack is on the ground and then lift it into place. The bolt is the same size as the stabilizer bolt so you can use you impact. Forest river has a replacement part for the bike rack that is straight up and down that replaces the offset in case yours didn't come with it. You can operate the jack manually with a ratchet wrench and a 10" extension.
Roger S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:22 PM   #6

Very useful information, thank you. I'll try the "put the bike on the rack and then put the rack on the support" approach - I'm not sure I would have thought about that.

And I'll make sure I have the ratchet handy just in case.

Claude
Old 06-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #7

So I did use the bike rack for the first time - BIG mistake, I didn't realize I had to remove the front bike before I backed the TT. The bike's rear derailleur scratched the paint off my brand new Colorado's tail gate!

Thank God I went to see my friend at the body shop and only the surface paint was rubbed off. He says a little touch up and clear will be almost impossible to see with naked eyes.

On the way back I didn't take a chance - my road bike traveled in the pickup's bed. No scratches anywhere.

Claude
Old 08-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
I have that bike rack on my 2109S. I have to put the higher bike on the rack that is closest to the trailer. I also had to remove the peddle because it was close to the window. I found it easier to put the bike on the back of the rack while the rack is on the ground and then lift it into place. The bolt is the same size as the stabilizer bolt so you can use you impact. Forest river has a replacement part for the bike rack that is straight up and down that replaces the offset in case yours didn't come with it. You can operate the jack manually with a ratchet wrench and a 10" extension.
Asked my dealer and he tells me that FR says this does not exist (not sure how trustworthy the dealer is.......) Also emailed Lippert directly and they say it's only available as a stock item on a motorhome (installed during mfg). Do you have a part number from FR?
CarefreeCorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #9

Quote:
I have used my rack twice and there is very little info for set-up. I use a Velcro strap on front wheel to front bar on bike to keep it from hitting front cap, lift bike up on left side of rack and rest front wheel on propane cover, move hand between rack and lift entire bike up onto 2 pins. I mount front bike higher on front which gave me clearance of my Grand Cherokee to back up and turn hard without issue. I used the straight bar on rack. I will need to re-visit set-up with my Ridgeline this year.
Charby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #10

The part# for the straight up and down bracket is F100091925 (Bike Rack Mount w/Threads)
kbirkenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirkenfeld View Post
The part# for the straight up and down bracket is F100091925 (Bike Rack Mount w/Threads)
Is F100091925 the Forest River dealer part number? I've reached out to my dealer but not heard back.

I see the "vertical stinger" listed in the Lippert Jack-it parts list as part number 769781 and the description is "BikeWing Stinger (Straight) (OEM option only)"

I need one of these straight/vertical stingers for my Jack-it bike rack on our 2021 Forest River Geo Pro 19fbs and I'm not finding them for sale.

Does anyone else have a solution for this issue? I'm assuming lots of other people want to add the Jack-it bike rack to their Geo Pro without paying the Stealer's price.
Markcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #12

If you have the Lippert power jack installed, it will allow access to the manual jack handle when the Jack It bike rack is attached. I know of no other power jack that will line up with the access port hole once the bike rack is installed. Imagine a broken motor on your jack and no way to manually lower or raise your camper to hook up. Both the bike rack and power jack are Lippert brands and they made sure if you buy one, you will buy the other. Smart thinking on their part but bad for us if your buy brand X power jack.
Weekend Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Wonder View Post
If you have the Lippert power jack installed, it will allow access to the manual jack handle when the Jack It bike rack is attached. I know of no other power jack that will line up with the access port hole once the bike rack is installed. Imagine a broken motor on your jack and no way to manually lower or raise your camper to hook up. Both the bike rack and power jack are Lippert brands and they made sure if you buy one, you will buy the other. Smart thinking on their part but bad for us if your buy brand X power jack.
I think my question was misunderstood. My question was specific to the Lippert jack-it bike rack and the straight vertical stinger (middle piece ) that comes with the rack when purchase from Forest river vs the offset stinger that comes with the Jack-it bike rack when purchased aftermarket that puts the bikes too close to the Geo Pro and similar trailers.

I am seeking input on how others who bought the Lippert Jack-it bike rack in the aftermarket with the offset stinger acquired the straight/vertical stinger.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #14

This is a simple fix. Call Lippert directly on their toll free number. Tell them you need part number listed as "C". Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201226-112241_Drive.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	245063
Old 12-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #15

Part # 769781 can only be purchased directly from Lippert. OEM only.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #16

Here is what you need. Call Lippert directly toll free number ask for part # 769781 see diagramClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201226-112241_Drive.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	245064
Old 12-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Wonder View Post
Here is what you need. Call Lippert directly toll free number ask for part # 769781 see diagramAttachment 245064
Thank you!

I did email Lippert directly and they also confirmed this part number for the Jack-it bike rack vertical stinger for Geo-Pro and similar models. The current price was only $18 and the folks I spoke with at Lippert were very friendly and helpful.

Thanks again for sharing this information!
Old 01-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudeP View Post
We ordered a new 19QB with the optional electric tongue jack and bike rack.

I have 2 questions:

1) I saw one yesterday and I'm wondering: can the electric tongue jack be operated manually (with the crank) with the bike rack in place?

2) Is anyone using the optional bike rack on for 2 adult bikes on a regular basis? Are you satisfied with it?

Thanks!
In reference to your question #1. Our rack had been welded onto the frame by the RV dealer. Our power jack died after only one month and had to be replaced by same dealer. But in order to get trailer to dealer, we had to remove the bikes, etc. We had to remove the top part of the rack (can be removed with or without bikes). Luckily the manual crank fit through the opening where the post (on the top part of rack). But to fix the power jack, they had to remove the jack itself. Then bolted it back on this time (rather than welding).

In reference to #2: We have a two bike Jack-It. Both of our bikes are hybrid. We are 5'6" and 5'4" women. It is very difficult for us to situate our bikes at such a height, and we have to enlist a short step-ladder. Because the short posts are so adjustable, both bikes can be straight on the rack. However, the posts must be moved in order to remove both of the bikes and navigate the handlebars and such. Except for multi-day driving where neither were using the bike, we just put one of the bikes inside the trailer. It simply doesn't work well for certain kinds of bikes. If we had our nice road bikes, I think the rack would have been suitable.
FullCircleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #19
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:

Thanks Roger, I never thought about mounting inner bike to mount first, then sliding whole assembly into place. I'm still strong enough to heft that first bike up and over top of bike rack, but it is tricky. Everytime my wife watches me doing that, she says, "you're so strong, you're like a dragon!"
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:31 PM   #20
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
In reference to #2: We have a two bike Jack-It. Both of our bikes are hybrid. We are 5'6" and 5'4" women. It is very difficult for us to situate our bikes at such a height, and we have to enlist a short step-ladder.
We are similar in height. I was using small ladder, but now find it is easier to do it from lowered tailgate of pickup backed up to trailer. More stable, less chance of accident.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, bike rack