Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 11:27 PM   #281

Sorry forgot to clarify. Our jeep has the cold weather package. This includes a block heater, battery warmer, heated windshield, heated steering wheel and heated front seats. Up here, that is a no brainer must have option. Especially true if you have a touch of arthritis in the hands.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:18 PM   #282
Trailer Park Supervisor

If I bother taking the trailer out in the winter, I guess I'll just bring my Reliance jugs topped off with water and throw the reliance 'double doody' bags in the toilet instead of using waste tank(s). Wonder if those bags will fit our toilets, if not, I have a reliance portable toilet we use for tent/cabin camping that works well. No need to worry about freezing anything then.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #283

Weight Distribution vs Air Bags -Very good!

I tripped over this test and thought it was excellent.
https://youtu.be/XBZu39pQ8Gg
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #284

We just received our brand new 2019 G16BH. Everything looks good so far but I can't figure out how to use the inverter. There's an on/off switch for it under the dinet that appears to do nothing when pushed. There's also a button to enable the inverter on my go power solar panel but it doesn't do anything either. I get no power on my outlets. Am I doing something wrong? I'm guessing the inverter itself is under the dinet seat on the door side of the trailer but no way to access it without taking off the panel under seat.
GPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #285
Trailer Park Supervisor

Haven't picked mine up yet GPCamper, so can't answer, but I gotta ask; Didn't the dealer go over all this stuff with you when you received it? I swear, I'm going to ask so many questions, the dealer is going to be running away from me! And I think I will bring an outlet tester with me to check all this stuff.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #286
Trailer Park Supervisor

YBLee, that was a good video. Shopping for WDH soon.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Haven't picked mine up yet GPCamper, so can't answer, but I gotta ask; Didn't the dealer go over all this stuff with you when you received it? I swear, I'm going to ask so many questions, the dealer is going to be running away from me! And I think I will bring an outlet tester with me to check all this stuff.
We purchased ours from RVWholesalers and it was delivered to us. They did a video walk through where they covered just about everything except the inverter. This is a new standard item on the Geo Pros so the dealers aren't very familiar with it. I knew more about the new refreshed 2019 Geo pro then my salesman did.

I was hoping someone on here could tell me I'm just missing something.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPCamper View Post
We just received our brand new 2019 G16BH. Everything looks good so far but I can't figure out how to use the inverter. There's an on/off switch for it under the dinet that appears to do nothing when pushed. There's also a button to enable the inverter on my go power solar panel but it doesn't do anything either. I get no power on my outlets. Am I doing something wrong? I'm guessing the inverter itself is under the dinet seat on the door side of the trailer but no way to access it without taking off the panel under seat.
On the solar panel, press and hold the inverter button for at least 3 seconds. If it still doesn't start, make sure the power switch on the inverter is in the off position.
rverginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:01 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverginia View Post
On the solar panel, press and hold the inverter button for at least 3 seconds. If it still doesn't start, make sure the power switch on the inverter is in the off position.
Thanks, I'll have to check the inverter power switch. On my G16BH there doesn't appear to be any other way to access it other than taking off the panel under the dinet seating.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #290

My last camper was 4300lbs fully loaded and the Ridgeline performed well towing it in the NC mountains...
Cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #291

GeoPro 19FBS Bad Vacuum Breaker Valve

We have a 2018 19FBS that we took delivery in late August. On our third outing, last week I noticed a water puddle behind the toilet. I couldn't see exactly where the leak was coming from and decided to remove the toilet. Found the leak was caused by a faulty and leaking vacuum breaker valve, located at the top rear. I called Dometic and reached a knowledgeable and courteous representative that informed me they were receiving similar complaints with the model 300 toilet. She offered me a new one at no charge, or I could upgrade to a model 310 for $50. I chose the 310 because the upper half is porcelain and it received much better reviews. The install was a breeze, all the fittings are identical and line up. This unit is a vast improvement over the cheap all plastic version...
Old 10-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPCamper View Post
The switch under the dinet is for your inverter, they did not use the go power product, no clue why.

Inverter takes power from two sources, 12v battery of course and from the 110v circuit I imagine is labeled gfci. It then passes the power through to your non microwave/ac outlets.

If you have no power while plugged into shore and the breaker is not off then it is possible a fuse in the inverter will need to be replaced. Especially since you can't even get it to turn on.

The inverter is probably pretty close to the button or the batteries or between them. But you might want to take it to your dealer for them to figure out and show you where it is. Although since you said it was delivered that might not be an option. So any dealer maybe?

You could also call forest river and ask them where it is? Then post here with pictures!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetmaker View Post
We have a 2018 19FBS that we took delivery in late August. On our third outing, last week I noticed a water puddle behind the toilet. I couldn't see exactly where the leak was coming from and decided to remove the toilet. Found the leak was caused by a faulty and leaking vacuum breaker valve, located at the top rear. I called Dometic and reached a knowledgeable and courteous representative that informed me they were receiving similar complaints with the model 300 toilet. She offered me a new one at no charge, or I could upgrade to a model 310 for $50. I chose the 310 because the upper half is porcelain and it received much better reviews. The install was a breeze, all the fittings are identical and line up. This unit is a vast improvement over the cheap all plastic version...
Awesome information, thank you! I think we would like the 310 but I was worried about it being bigger it different in some way.
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
Awesome information, thank you! I think we would like the 310 but I was worried about it being bigger it different in some way.
The model 310 is slightly bigger and the Dometic rep said I had to have 9 5/8" clearance from the rear wall to the center of the mounting flange for the unit to fit. I measured an 11" clearance and was good to go!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
The switch under the dinet is for your inverter, they did not use the go power product, no clue why.

Inverter takes power from two sources, 12v battery of course and from the 110v circuit I imagine is labeled gfci. It then passes the power through to your non microwave/ac outlets.

If you have no power while plugged into shore and the breaker is not off then it is possible a fuse in the inverter will need to be replaced. Especially since you can't even get it to turn on.

The inverter is probably pretty close to the button or the batteries or between them. But you might want to take it to your dealer for them to figure out and show you where it is. Although since you said it was delivered that might not be an option. So any dealer maybe?
You could also call forest river and ask them where it is? Then post here with pictures!
Thanks for the heads-up. Considering all the other issues we've had, I'll definitely watch the toilet more closely but to date haven't noticed any issue with it. Lee
Old 10-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetmaker View Post
The model 310 is slightly bigger and the Dometic rep said I had to have 9 5/8" clearance from the rear wall to the center of the mounting flange for the unit to fit. I measured an 11" clearance and was good to go!
We installed a 310 in our 19FD and the seat cannot stay open on its own. We ended up removing the lid.
rverginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:24 AM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverginia View Post
We installed a 310 in our 19FD and the seat cannot stay open on its own. We ended up removing the lid.
What prevents the Lid from staying up?
Old 10-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #298

Found the inverter and my problem. The single 12V battery installed by the dealership wasn't installed in the inverter-connected location. What do you guys recommend? Should I swap the existing battery over or just go get another 12V battery to put in there?

Not very happy with the way they mounted the inverter. It was obviously installed before the framing for the dinette. You can't remove the inverter without taking apart half of the dinette frame. The mounting screws on the right side of it are behind the frame

See attached pic of the inverter location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181012_121447.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	188994  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #299
Trailer Park Supervisor

Good grief. Can't believe they made inverter fasteners so difficult to access. Can't get to the right side with a ratchet with extension and the proper bit? Confused about battery setup. The battery(s) on the tongue should somehow be connected to the inverter, otherwise how else would the damn thing work?
Old 10-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Good grief. Can't believe they made inverter fasteners so difficult to access. Can't get to the right side with a ratchet with extension and the proper bit? Confused about battery setup. The battery(s) on the tongue should somehow be connected to the inverter, otherwise how else would the damn thing work?
Here's some more pics to clarify. The mounting screws are halfway behind the frame so there's no way to get them out. I wonder if I should make a warranty claim on this and make them fix it. All they had to do was move it over an INCH and it would have been fine.

Also attached pic of the battery housing. The one without the battery in it is clearly marked as "inverter" and I can see those cables connected to it on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181012_132242.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	188995   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181012_132308.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	188996