Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #321

Hooks for FD19

On installing the hooks in our trailer, we used much shorter wood screws than the hook strip came with, but didn’t use special backing. Just shorter screws. I had seen the hooks installed in other trailers in the same spots, so we just put them there. They won’t have very heavy things hanging there. Usually just towels or a jacket.

Today we replaced our thermostat with a no power needed two wire simple digital thermostat. Now we can see exactly what the temp is set at. It was an inexpensive fix. It took about five minutes.
GMC Denali 3500 Dually (2019)
Kathyquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyquilts View Post
On installing the hooks in our trailer, we used much shorter wood screws than the hook strip came with, but didn’t use special backing. Just shorter screws. I had seen the hooks installed in other trailers in the same spots, so we just put them there. They won’t have very heavy things hanging there. Usually just towels or a jacket.

Today we replaced our thermostat with a no power needed two wire simple digital thermostat. Now we can see exactly what the temp is set at. It was an inexpensive fix. It took about five minutes.
What thermostat did you use?
rverginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #323

Anyone have a hose connection for the Coleman Camp Grill+ (plus)?

I bought the hose that fits the connections to camper and grill, but after realizing there is no flame because there are two regulators...I cannot find an adapter to fit the hose I bought and by-pass the second regulator.

Anyone find such a device?
JS Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #324

It needs to be a 2 wire thermostat, so it doesn’t need power. Can’t have power. A battery runs the light behind the digital display when you touch it. I got it from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 But it was only $32 when I got it. We used them for our propane furnaces at our cabin, and we had an extra one. The best thing is seeing exactly the temp in the room AND being able to set it where you want it. It only runs the furnace. No fan, no AC. This one works too. You just don’t hook up the fan wire https://www.amazon.com/LuxPRO-PSD011...pro+thermostat
GMC Denali 3500 Dually (2019)
Kathyquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #325
Trailer Park Supervisor

No. You are best off getting an adaptor hose for a separate 20 lb tank or just using the 1 lb tanks it was intended for. Or getting a real grill like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pit-Boss...200P/300635894

Just don't pay more than 89 bucks for it, as you can find them on sale for about that much. This grill is sold under several different brands, including Cuisinart if you want to spend 160 bucks. The only thing the Coleman is any good for is flipping some burgers or dogs. Does not even have a lid to lower while cooking.

I gave up on idea of adapting a grill for low pressure quick disconnect. You can't use any appliances that have their own pressure regulator used to control flame, they have to be removed as the gas is already low pressure from the quick disconnect port.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:47 PM   #326

The grill and the quick connect adapter...All part of the sales gimmick then, eh.

I wonder if one could try to split the lines out of the tanks and by-pass the regulator for the line running to the quick-connect.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #327
Trailer Park Supervisor

Here is an article that mentions that: How Do I Use The Propane Quick Connect Connection On My RV

I just don't feel like removing the regulators on my portable appliances to make them RV ONLY. I want to be able to take them out for other purposes as well, when I might not have access to low pressure LP.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #328

I removed the regulator from my grill, attached a female quick connect to the regulator. Attached a male quick connect to the grill. Bought a 10' quick connect hose. Now I can use the grill on the little propane bottles or the quick connect gas line from the trailer.

It was a pain getting the correct gas fittings for my grill (not a Coleman), but I now have a good setup.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:05 PM   #329

Forest River responded to me and mentioned the grill is not intended to connect to the 14FK.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:02 PM   #330
Trailer Park Supervisor

That would be correct. Now get yourself a real grill!
Old 11-01-2018, 02:21 AM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Stanley View Post
The grill and the quick connect adapter...All part of the sales gimmick then, eh.

I wonder if one could try to split the lines out of the tanks and by-pass the regulator for the line running to the quick-connect.
I used this*.It connects to the tank, then to the regulator and has a high pressure 1" "throw away bottle" connection that bypasses the regulator and comes with a 12 foot hose that connects to the grill regulator. Works great!
*Photo posted separately.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:26 AM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
I used this*.It connects to the tank, then to the regulator and has a high pressure 1" "throw away bottle" connection that bypasses the regulator and comes with a 12 foot hose that connects to the grill regulator. Works great!
*Photo posted separately.
PhotoClick image for larger version

Name:	20181101_031618.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	190481
Old 11-01-2018, 05:29 AM   #333
Trailer Park Supervisor

that would be a good workaround!
Old 11-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
FYI, the side panel warnings are about propane odor/leaks/precautions. I never experienced a leak with this device.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #335

Thanks for the info on the connection.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyquilts View Post
We picked up our FD19 on Tuesday, and took it to Bryce Canyon National Park for a few days to try it out. We got the off road package, and it towed like a dream. We got 2 solar panels, and power swing with lights. Great for setting up in the dark even with the awing closed. Everything worked well except the CO unit started beeping when we used the water heater the first time. After using the fan and resetting it about 7 times, it stopped. And didn’t do it the next day or the next. We will keep an eye on it. It didn’t go off with the furnace. 29° At night. We did several quick mods before we left such as coat hooks, key rack, cubby box storage boxes, 3” memory foam, rugs, etc. We will put the master level on this week, along with shelves and lights in the outside storage cupboards. Thanks to everyone’s comments, we took a hammer, nails, screws, tape, etc for quick fixes (but didn’t need them yet. Just being prepared.) It was a great first trip before winterizing it. Loved it all. Perfect for two people to go off-roading. Yay! (We had one on order, but ended up taking a new unit off the lot for a discount. And we didn’t end up waiting.). Happy camping!
We love the floorpan of our E19FD and the amenities that it came with BUT, we've had a few issues, the most concerning being the "12 LOOSE Box to Chassis Nuts and Bolts" around the parimeter underneath. We had a few that were completely loose and others at varying degrees of looseness/tightness. We are not the first to have this issue. It caused our trailer to "creek" when installing the WDH bars. After tightening these Nut/Bolts and adding Nyloc Jam Nuts, the "creek" is gone. As of September 2018, Forest River Manufacturing for the Geo or E Pro's "did not" have a Torque Spec for these Nut/Bolts. They just said they should be "tight" but not over-tightened. Over-tightening can crush the aluminum frame members that are the base of the box structure. I would recommend they be checked, tightened by someone that knows what "reasonably tight" means and then adding Zinc Nyloc Nuts. We noticed this issue after about 4000 of towing. This is a "safety" issue to me. Drawers falling apart, parts breaking and wiring issues can be fixed without compromising safe towing. Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun.
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #337

Interesting YouTube video about RV Roof failures and repair

YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #338

How are you doing with weights? I have a 2018 AWD 3.3 V6 Sorento.
Mike1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #339

E-Pro and Geo-Pro

Has anyone towed a 19FD (or other 2800# TT) with a Honda Odyssey? If so, how did it perform? Any problems?
Bourbonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLee View Post
We just brought home our 2018 E19FD and will be towing with a 2017 Ridgeline. Nice to see other E-Pro owners. Lee & Kelli, SE MA
Is your Ridgeline 4WD oe FWD? Does it have 5000# towing capacity?
Bourbonfan is offline   Reply With Quote