Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #341

New E Pro and Geo Pro Models

Did everyone see all the new floor plans for the E Pro and Geo Pro trailers that came out recently? I was showing someone what our trailer plan is, and saw all the new models. I like them!
GMC Denali 3500 Dually (2019)
Kathyquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #342
Trailer Park Supervisor

I refuse to look it case they are better than the one I'm picking up Monday!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #343

Kris,
What dealer did you get yours at?
Tom
Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyquilts View Post
Did everyone see all the new floor plans for the E Pro and Geo Pro trailers that came out recently? I was showing someone what our trailer plan is, and saw all the new models. I like them!
We have a 19FBS which we love, but I really like that new 16BH.
Just Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #345
Trailer Park Supervisor

Camping World of Hanover, PA. With the way my luck has been running (my tow vehicle has been back at dealer for 4 solid weeks as of today), I'm expecting I'll find problems and won't be able to bring it home after I inspect it Monday.... sigh. This forum is a blessing and a curse.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #346

It will be time soon to winterize my E-Pro FBS for the first time. For those who have similar TTs, how much anti-freeze should I get?

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
NC_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #347

2 gals. I used 1 1/2 gals. total for all the lines and traps and dumped the rest in the black and grey tanks.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #348

I need to winterize today and have been researching the procedure. Lots of what I'm finding deals with larger rigs.

Can anyone give any pointers on how to drain the E-Pro hot water heater? Where is the drain plug located? I know how to by-pass it but have never drained it.

Thanks in advance.

John

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
NC_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #349

To drain the water heater just remove the anode rod like in this video

Old 11-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_RVer View Post
I need to winterize today and have been researching the procedure. Lots of what I'm finding deals with larger rigs.

Can anyone give any pointers on how to drain the E-Pro hot water heater? Where is the drain plug located? I know how to by-pass it but have never drained it.

Thanks in advance.

John
John,
Also see this thread on how to winterize your E pro, see attached PDF

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-172987.html

TC
Old 11-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyquilts View Post
Great new floorplans...keep'em coming. We're still solid with the 2019 19FD, but happy Flagstaff is offering more choices in our class.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #352

I would suggest they spend more time working on Quality of Design for the build and Quality during the manufacturing process before expanding the number of floor plans. As mentioned in other posts, make sure you check the Bolt/Nuts around the perimeter of the trailer underneath to insure they are "tight". Forest River (Flagstaff and Rockwood) did not have a torque spec for these bolts as of September 2018. I and a few others have found some loose and others at varying degrees for tightness/looseness. They can be "over-tightened" causing crushing of the internal wall base tubing so "tight" is a feel-thing. I'd also recommend a "jam-nut" upgrade using Zinc Nyloc Nuts to insure these things do not come loose. It appears they hold the TT box to the frame. As mentioned before, we purchased our 2018 E19FD based on what it should be but unfortunately the quality issues have dampened our enthusiasm a bit. Still love the layout but am working through the issues to make it what is should be. Also, if the drawers hardware continues to come apart, consider gluing them in or changing them for a fastener combination that will not fall apart. I will be rebuilding the drawers in our unit over the winter with pocket screw assemblies like those used in more higher-end units such as AS. Happy Camping.
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #353
Trailer Park Supervisor

I will be using your jam nut suggestion. Have my flashlight, mechanics creeper, outlet tester, and 9 pages of PDI checklist on clipboard ready to go for tomorrow!
Old 11-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I will be using your jam nut suggestion. Have my flashlight, mechanics creeper, outlet tester, and 9 pages of PDI checklist on clipboard ready to go for tomorrow!
Man, I pity the guy that gets you for a delivery. He is going to go ape s#$t after dealing with you.

TC
Old 11-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #355
Trailer Park Supervisor

Hahahaha, dealer is 3 hours from me. I'm thinking it's highly likely I will be leaving without the trailer till they fix the problems I find. Damn forum!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #356

Quote:
Good luck, sounds like you’re well prepared for your PDI. I’m very interested to hear how you make out.
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #357
Trailer Park Supervisor

Gonna yank the drawers out, throwing their remnants all over while the drawer pull stays in my hand, and scream "Now fix it!!!" Evening News: "Tonight, in Hanover PA, a deranged man at a Camping World...."
Old 11-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #358
Site Team

Quote:
Gonna yank the drawers out, throwing their remnants all over while the drawer pull stays in my hand, and scream "Now fix it!!!" Evening News: "Tonight, in Hanover PA, a deranged man at a Camping World...."
Well, there's lots of deranged customers that bought from Camping World!🤣
So you'll have to stand in line.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #359

Quote:
NJ Kris
So, how did it go? Did you take a selfie with the new toy?
TC
Old 11-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #360
Trailer Park Supervisor

So I got to the dealer at almost 1230. About a 3 hour drive, plus a stop at Waffle House. Met with older gentleman who was going to give me the walk through. I told him "wait a second, while I get something from the truck." I walk back to him carrying my mechanics creeper, clipboard, and other assorted test equipment with a sheepish grin. Four thirty, and we finally finish walkthrough and my inspection. Comment to the effect that this normally is a 2 hour procedure, not 4 hours. But they didn't hassle me, and I go in and finish paperwork and hand off the check.

They tell me they will move the trailer out into the front lot, so I can work on installing the batteries I brought and the WDH I brought. I was kind of on my own in that regard, since I didn't buy those from them. I'm quickly losing light now at 4:45, and wife is dutifully holding flashlight while I struggle with the battery box I brought and my improvised hold down system. It's about 40 degrees. Getting darker. Now it's starting to rain. A cold rain. I finally get batteries in box, box mounted to tongue, and cables connected.

I had assembled the hitch head back home, but still had to install brackets on trailer and make necessary adjustments. Wife is still holding flashlight, and not even bitching about it, but the beam of the light is getting wobbly. I notice she's shivering from the cold, but refuses to go into the truck to warm up. I watch as the last of the Camping World employees leave for the night. Two of them asked me if I was OK, and I said yup, doing fine! 7:30 at night. The rain was continuous but not too hard, but cold. Now 38 degrees. The big moment. Everything is hooked up and ready for departure! I breath a sigh of relief when I hook trailer cables to truck and everything lights up. Back in the truck, wife simply says, "I didn't think it would take that long". I sigh and pull out. Trailer feels heavy. At next traffic light, I smell burning brakes and pull into gas station. Discover the pin for the trailer break away device was not fully inserted when I was messing around with it trying to mount WDH brackets. Re-insert pin, and away we go. Feels like it is towing good. But I was anxious. Dark and rainy was not the way I expected to go towing for my first time.

3.5 hours later, we get to the house. I tell wife to get her car out of our long driveway so she can go to work in the morning and I'm not blocking her. After about 30 attempts to back down driveway, finally make it in far enough that she can pull her car into driveway too.

The next morning, I go out to back the trailer in the rest of the way so I can get to a meeting. Still raining. Damn. Stiff oak tree branches hanging down that are going to gouge up sides and roof of trailer. Half hour later with pruner and step ladder, and the path is clear. Look like a drowned rat now. Never really warmed up overnight, wet and cold again. Later on, I tried to level it at end of driveway. Anderson leveling wedge kept squirming out from beneath tire and board I put on driveway to give it a bit of extra height. After ten attempts of trying to back onto it, getting out of truck, running around front of truck and down alongside passenger side to look at rear right trailer tire, I finally find a sheet of sandpaper I insert between the wet leveling block and the board. That does the trick.

A day later, I discover the Go Power solar panel is not putting out any juice. Panel says zero amps, with a little 'moon' icon.

Sigh. This is supposed to be fun, right????? Hahahahahahah!!!