Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
Wifey & I were able to touch & feel a Lance at the Springfield show last weekend.

Very nice. Very impressed. Premium $
I got to see it this past weekend at the Chicago RV show... Very nice! But, i'm not sure it's worth the extra $10,000 - $15,000.

What benefits does the Lance 1475 w/slide have over the GeoPro? I see bigger pass thru storage & a nice, tall 'closet' next to the fridge. Lance appears to use less wood, so less chance of rot. Lance has a 2 year warranty, compared to 1 on the GeoPro.

Not much different otherwise that i've noticed.
EricP7040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP7040 View Post
I got to see it this past weekend at the Chicago RV show... Very nice! But, i'm not sure it's worth the extra $10,000 - $15,000.

What benefits does the Lance 1475 w/slide have over the GeoPro? I see bigger pass thru storage & a nice, tall 'closet' next to the fridge. Lance appears to use less wood, so less chance of rot. Lance has a 2 year warranty, compared to 1 on the GeoPro.

I believe we looked at a 1995 model, so not really a comparison... wider, longer & heavier. North-south bed is the only feature we would like & don't have currently.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #63

Actually, the Geo Pro (GP) probably uses the same or less wood than the Lance. The GP will be lighter, and also narrower to see around if you tow with a smaller vehicle like a crossover SUV or a compact pickup. The GP uses Azdel as a backer in the wall framing instead of Luan (wood). Both have the walls and other interior elements framed with aluminum.

When shopping last year, I liked the Lance products but didn't feel they were worth the extra money for my needs. In the lightweight travel trailer marketplace, the Geo Pro (and Flagstaff e-Pro) are on the top of the hill for the best value, offering many high-end features, durable build and respectable quality.

We've had our Geo Pro 19 FBS for almost 4 months and have covered about 3500 miles with it. So far I'm VERY pleased and get compliments on it wherever I go.

Quote:

Old 03-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #64

Just picked up our new e-pro

Picked up or E-Pro E16bh yesterday. Can’t wait to have some fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B057683C-60E7-485D-A2D4-4724B73C9006.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	622.6 KB
ID:	164132  
pbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #65

pbro
Looks great hooked up to the Canyon. I have a 19 fbs on order. Planning on towing with my Honda Ridgeline. Waiting on April delivery.
TC
tc cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:20 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbro View Post
Picked up or E-Pro E16bh yesterday. Can’t wait to have some fun.

We just brought home our 2018 E19FD and will be towing with a 2017 Ridgeline. Nice to see other E-Pro owners. Lee & Kelli, SE MA
YBLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #67

My E Pro 19 FD does not have the normal white plastic shower enclosure. It is the regular wall material that is throughout the unit. I assume the FBS is similar. Is it the "azdel" walls that eliminate need for normal shower wall material?
Is anyone installing new shower wall in their trailer, or just wipe down after use?

I really enjoy 19FD...I previously had 25 ft Passport and with only 2 of us, the 19 is
just big enough for us, and I like the better rear view with the less width of the FD, and the almost 1500 less weight...and 8 feet less length..making it mush easier to tow, and maneuver in gas stations and parking lots.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLee View Post
We just brought home our 2018 E19FD and will be towing with a 2017 Ridgeline. Nice to see other E-Pro owners. Lee & Kelli, SE MA
YBLee
Reading through the owners manual it is recommended not to use a weight dist. hitch on our truck. Also the 2017 Ridgeline supposedly has antisway built into the truck. How are you towing your epro ? Are you using any antisway device and does it tow well? Also do we need mirror extensions and if so what are you using.
I am going to install the P3 Tekonsha brake controller as there is a video on youtube showing the install.
I'm new to travel trailers as we always tent camped but retiring this year I'm treating us to a softer lifestyle.
Any input would be helpful.
Thanks
Tom
Old 03-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by joindy View Post
My E Pro 19 FD does not have the normal white plastic shower enclosure. It is the regular wall material that is throughout the unit. I assume the FBS is similar. Is it the "azdel" walls that eliminate need for normal shower wall material?
Is anyone installing new shower wall in their trailer, or just wipe down after use?

I really enjoy 19FD...I previously had 25 ft Passport and with only 2 of us, the 19 is
just big enough for us, and I like the better rear view with the less width of the FD, and the almost 1500 less weight...and 8 feet less length..making it mush easier to tow, and maneuver in gas stations and parking lots.
joindy,
It looks like all the 2018 models have the shower liner and different steps. Also the fresh water tank capacity is larger. I guess they keep upgrading these things. My wife liked the light color interior better on the new models also.
TC
edited to add: we don't have ours yet but here is the video on youtube I'm referring to.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:27 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc cruiser View Post
YBLee

Reading through the owners manual it is recommended not to use a weight dist. hitch on our truck. Also the 2017 Ridgeline supposedly has antisway built into the truck. How are you towing your epro ? Are you using any antisway device and does it tow well? Also do we need mirror extensions and if so what are you using.

I am going to install the P3 Tekonsha brake controller as there is a video on youtube showing the install.

I'm new to travel trailers as we always tent camped but retiring this year I'm treating us to a softer lifestyle.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom

A Reese WD hitch, Sway system and Brake Controller was included in the package with our 2018 E-Pro E19FD. The dealer showed us how to use the WD and Sway setup. To date we only towed it about 125 miles from the dealership in NH and it appeared to be very stable. I’m going to look into your comment about “not needing” a WD or Sway system on the Ridgeline. It is a 2017 AWD.

Shower stall question: I’ve sent a question off to my dealer about the lack of plastic surround in the shower stall. It looks strange without it although they did caulk around the seams where the tub base meets the walls. We were told by a Forest River Rep at an RV Show that Azdel was used in the E-Pro’s and not Luan. Azdel is a “Polypropylene and Fiberglass” blend so it should be waterproof- still it looks strange. We just brought the trailer home two weeks ago so I haven’t decided whether to leave the shower as is or line it with a plastic surround material. Waiting to see what the dealer comes back with.

Lee
Old 03-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #71

Lee

Thanks for your comments about the E Pro lack of shower liner.

If anyone has added a shower liner, please post your results, cost, product name etc.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBLee View Post
Hi Tom

A Reese WD hitch, Sway system and Brake Controller was included in the package with our 2018 E-Pro E19FD. The dealer showed us how to use the WD and Sway setup. To date we only towed it about 125 miles from the dealership in NH and it appeared to be very stable. I’m going to look into your comment about “not needing” a WD or Sway system on the Ridgeline. It is a 2017 AWD.

Shower stall question: I’ve sent a question off to my dealer about the lack of plastic surround in the shower stall. It looks strange without it although they did caulk around the seams where the tub base meets the walls. We were told by a Forest River Rep at an RV Show that Azdel was used in the E-Pro’s and not Luan. Azdel is a “Polypropylene and Fiberglass” blend so it should be waterproof- still it looks strange. We just brought the trailer home two weeks ago so I haven’t decided whether to leave the shower as is or line it with a plastic surround material. Waiting to see what the dealer comes back with.

Lee
Lee
Thanks for getting back to me on this as the owners manual is confusing me. If you look at page 411 and 415 in the owners manual here:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...AT6Z1717OM.PDF
it states that a wdh is not needed. and that there is a trailer stability assist built in to control when it detects sway.(pg. 415) I guess when I get the trailer I will just have to try towing without it. Like I said , this is all new to me towing a trailer.
Tom
Old 03-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #73

We bought a 19FBS last weekend. It rained/snowed the following day, and discovered a small amount of water on the floor under the slideout near the bathroom. Planning on doing a 'leak test' this weekend, but I'm suspecting the leak was due to the trailer not being level in addition to me stepping inside without the stablizers down. Also planning on adding a slideout topper.
Just Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc cruiser View Post
Lee
Thanks for getting back to me on this as the owners manual is confusing me. If you look at page 411 and 415 in the owners manual here:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...AT6Z1717OM.PDF
it states that a wdh is not needed. and that there is a trailer stability assist built in to control when it detects sway.(pg. 415) I guess when I get the trailer I will just have to try towing without it. Like I said , this is all new to me towing a trailer.
Tom
We were going to buy a Ridgeline until I saw the No WDH recommendation.
IMHO, every other auto manufacturer is fine with a WDH on their appropriately equipped vehicles, except Honda.

That tells me that they don't consider their vehicles true tow vehicles. A WDH is an industry standard for towing trailers and has been for years.

I wouldn't tow anything but a foldable trailer with a Ridgeline.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #75

Has anyone put a different mattress in a 19FBS? I'm looking to see what might fit that is a little bigger than the 60x74 "queen" that it comes with.
A residential queen is 80" long.... Losing that extra length sucks!
EricP7040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #76

A new mattress is probably not necessary. I purchased a Lucid 2" 60x80" Memory Foam Topper for my 19FBS bed. The stock mattress was a bit too firm for my tastes but with the topper it's perfect. It overlaps the existing 60x74" mattress by a few inches on each end, allowing room to tuck in our bedding. I'm 6'2" and the bed fits well, with or without the topper.

Here's the Amazon Link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Has anyone put a different mattress in a 19FBS? I'm looking to see what might fit that is a little bigger than the 60x74 "queen" that it comes with.
A residential queen is 80" long.... Losing that extra length sucks!
Old 04-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #77

I’m looking at either the 19FD or 19FBS I have a Ford Explorer wondering if anyone has a experience towing either one of those trailers with an Explorer
Shadow2353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:11 AM   #78

I have a 2016 Ford Explorer, it tows my 19FBS with no problem. It has the factory tow package on it. Hope this helps. I should mention that I have the Platinum Edition which is rated to 5,000 lbs.
EPRO19fsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #79

Thanks for the real world information I also have a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited with the factory tow package
Shadow2353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:47 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
We were going to buy a Ridgeline until I saw the No WDH recommendation.
IMHO, every other auto manufacturer is fine with a WDH on their appropriately equipped vehicles, except Honda.

That tells me that they don't consider their vehicles true tow vehicles. A WDH is an industry standard for towing trailers and has been for years.

I wouldn't tow anything but a foldable trailer with a Ridgeline.

Bikendan,
We will be towing the E-Pro about 20 miles to a KOA next weekend. I’m going to take some measurements after hitching up without the WDH to see what the difference is from rear to front. If not much I’m going to tow without the WDH and see how it does. As mentioned above, I brought the E-Pro home from NH and did secondary roads, up and down and twisty for about 40 miles, the Ridgeline pulled and tracked with ease.
Lee