Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #1

E Pro and Geo Pro

I believe these two are identical but with different brand names. I find online posts and information on the Geo Pro, but nothing on the E Pro. I'm looking at the 19FD.

Can anyone verify, that other than the decals, these are the same? Also, if they are, why does Flagstaff make the identical trailer with different brands?
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Rockwood and Flagstaff are twin brands, made in the same factory and on the same assembly line.
Only difference is outside graphics and interior design.

Many RV manufacturers do this so dealers in the same area can sell either without infringing on the other dealer's brand.

Both of these are a brand new line, therefore there are only one or two members here that own one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #3

E Pro and Geo Pro are 7 1/2 wide versions of Micro and Mini models

A follow up, it also appears the Flagstaff and Rockwood Micro and Mini Lite models --19 feet...are identical...except 8 ft wide versions of narrower Pro and Geo. Only difference due to less width, is toilet is mounted slightly sideways because of less width, and very little room on side of murphy bed on E Pro and Geo Pro. My question....as much more online info on the Micro and Mini....and I assume any online info on frig, water heater, ac unit, power panel etc. would be the same, as I would like to use this online info for "how to" for my E Pro.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #4

Just wondering about your experience with yojr ero. I am considerr purchading a 19 fbs
BigGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #5

New E Pro 19FD

I pick it up in couple weeks, and hope to take short trip to try it out before I put it in storage. Will post my experience at that time. I thought about the FBS but wanted to keep it simple and avoid any possible issues with a slide. Only my wife and I so thought the FD would meet our needs.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #6

We just picked up our E Pro 19fd last week, drove 3 hours to get a custom order that took 10 weeks from order to pick up. We love it!! Better than we expected. Took it to a local state park for 1 night before we go to Shenandoah National park in October. Everything worked perfectly!
mimiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #7

Just got ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joindy View Post
I believe these two are identical but with different brand names. I find online posts and information on the Geo Pro, but nothing on the E Pro. I'm looking at the 19FD.

Can anyone verify, that other than the decals, these are the same? Also, if they are, why does Flagstaff make the identical trailer with different brands?
We researched a number of units. Love the layout of both Geo Pro/E Pro. Best I can tell they are exactly the same. We purchased the E Pro 19FD this past Saturday and did a one night test at an adjacent campground. Love the Murphy bed. The couch is comfortable. A few quirks (spare under the frame and tight toilet spacing). There is a lot of usable space in a very compact camper! Looking forward to many more camping adventures!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #8
Site Team

All Rockwood/Flagstaff(popups, Hybrids, TTs and 5th Wheels) are twin brands. Exactly the same except for outside decals and interior decor.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #9

New E Pro 19FD owner to another

We can touch base if needed regarding our experience with the unit. I pick mine up.....brand new in couple weeks. Previous TT was 2009 Passport 25RB with rear slider. Pulled with Tundra and wanted something smaller...easier to pull, easier to park etc. Also could not get the Tundra in my garage, so downsized.

looking for new, or used vehicle to tow. Thinking of Toyota 4Runner. I only have about 16 3/4 feet of depth in my garage and almost everything you would consider for towing is at close to 17 feet or larger. 4Runner rated at 5000 lbs, think should be fine unless go out to Colorado etc. May go down to Smokies but don't anticipate that will be problem. I would think I could keep total weight of the E Pro around 3500 if travel light.

Joe L.
Northeastern Indiana.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #10

Looking at purchasing the Flagstaff E Pro FD19 in the near future. More than likely will be pulling it with a 2012 4Runner. Thanks for the info.
tbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #11

Using 4Runner to pull Flagstaff E Pro 19FD

I was also thinking of 4Runner as tow vehicle for the E Pro. I have done extensive research on this subject and have towed a larger RV in the past with Tundra so I have some experience.
I have concern about tongue weight...the E Pro has heavy tongue weight for its small size. Close to 400 with 500 4R rating, so I think you will need a W Dist hitch. The lower height, and less than 8 ft width should help with wind resistance which an be a big factor in towing.
I think the 4R will work well, but have reservations about taking it out to the Rockies, or other higher elevations, with long, steep inclines where the V6 would be working very hard. I
I think if you plan on towing at lower elevations, and not having lots of steep grades in your trip planning the 4R would be fine.

I am looking for a towing vehicle so have the benefit of not having to use what I have, but finding the ideal vehicle for my situation. I am looking at Sequoia, or Tahoe type with V8 and little longer wheelbase than 4R but not full size. It probably more than I need, {over 7k tow rating} but it will be a 3rd vehicle, not a daily driver, so I am focusing on towing only. I am also thinking that mpg...towing...is probably about the same with bigger V8 verse V6....the mpg benefit of smaller V6 is not significant if not a daily driver, but 90% is towing..where most people get around 10 mpg on gas regardless of engine.
I also plan on going on longer trips..over couple weeks each, so think I need larger cargo area than 4R. But for most situations I think 4R would be fine.
Final comment on Toyota 4R. They used to put engine and transmission coolers on 4R's which came with factory hitch. They apparently stopped that yrs ago, so now you need to install one...which I would recommend.
If you have newer 4R, I understand this add on could void warranty.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #12

Thanks Joindy. We currently have a 4runner and have used it for several years to pull a 17' Casita all over the country including up and down the Colorado Rockies. I'm looking to increase my space without "significantly" increasing the weight. I currently use a WDH and stabilizer bar which works well. If we get a E Pro FD I'll look at a combo WDH/Stabilizer to install on it. Mileage - we get about 10 on the road. We have had zero issues pulling the Casita which has a dry weight around 2500 lb. We pack very minimally and use the rear of the 4runner as storage also. We use a bag system, warming clothing in a bag, bicycle helmets, fishing supplies etc in a another and so on. I'd like to stay with a 4runner but I will have the opportunity to first see how it does if we get a Flagstaff E Pro 19FD. It currently has over 150K so we will be replacing it in the next year or so. The dry weight of the FD is around 3000 lb so we will be coming up a bit in weight. My goal is to stay with the 4Runner. My wife loves it and it is her daily driver. On another side note I installed a solar panel system on the Casita and will be moving panel to the FD if we get one. We do a lot of boon docking and it is essential. We don't like using generators where we tend to go.

fyi - http://toyotaplanet.com/2019-toyota-...major-upgrade/
Old 09-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #13

4Runner and E Pro 19FD

tbusby...thanks for the info.

Is the tongue weight much greater on the E Pro verse your current TT? Its closer to the 15% high end of tongue weight. I was concerned about pushing the 500 lb 4Runner limit..but maybe WD hitch would handle it. I used to have 4R and really like the very respected V6. Seems like it did fine in the mountains for you?

With battery, bikes on front, any cargo inside toward the front cold push it close to 500.....that was my concern, not so much the 5k limit, as you should be within the 80% guideline, as long as under 1000 lbs or cargo.

Regarding the E Pro. We had a 25 ft passport and wanted several things, which the 19 provides. Light weight, the 7 ft 4 in width is nice as I did not notice the loss of 8 inches when inside the unit....and 4 inches less on each side helps somewhat in seeing what is behind you. Also wanted dinette which does not have to be used for bed...assuming two people, and liked the murphy bed concept which allows use of nice, large sofa, which we had on our 25 ft. Like the large awning, solar power, rear observation camera wiring, and regular bathroom. Because of Murphy bed you lose the storage typically provided by pass through, but cargo area in the 4R would provide cargo storage area. Would have preferred double axle, but that would have added weight..and cost.

FYI....just under $16k seems like good price. That would be my benchmark if unit most the options.....solar panel on roof, power awning, bike rack, gas stove, 12 volt tv, low profile AC roof top unit, spare tire etc. Also nice comes with 2 propane tanks and ready for rear camera.

I will let you know my first impressions after we break it in this fall.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #14

Good points on the tongue weight and thanks for bringing it to my attention. The Casita 17' Deluxe model is 365 lbs so I'm not too far off with the E-Pro fd. A WDH is a must though. Made a huge difference in how the Casita towed and made a believer out of me. I would prefer a way to mount bikes on the back like I added to Casita the amount the fd provides should be good. We got used to not having a huge amount of storage options. The pass thru would have been great but after having the Casita we want a bit more room. The Casita is a great TT but got a little small after we were on the road for 40 days. We just got back from trip.

Almost for got to add. The 2102 V6 4Runner did very well in the mountains pulling the Casita with the WDH and stabilizer bar I mentioned. We have crossed many high passes several times with no problems. I have turned the air conditioner off for awhile on occasions where the base temp is high.

Hope to check out a E Pro fds in Fort Worth or Dallas fairly soon. They have them in stock but not a fd.

fyi - Tongue Weight WDH - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum
Old 09-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #15

After viewing preliminary brochures and YouTube videos of the e-Pro and GeoPro, it looks like they are essentially the same coach. I've been looking at lightweight TT's for awhile and this is pretty darn close to what I've been looking for. While both 19x models could fit my needs, I'm leaning towards the 19FBS because of the comfortable looking couch, stand up shower and extra space with the slide opened. My final decision will be made when I see them in person.

Until finding out about the FR twins, the top of my list was occupied by the WBO Micro Mini 2106DS. After seeing FR's new xPro offerings from afar, I prefer their size, lighter weight, available floor plans and interior design.

1. Lightweight and slightly more narrow body compared to the other small FR mini lights makes visibility better from my crossover SUV tow vehicle. (2017 Kia Sorento, AWD, V6, Tow Pkg)
2. Availability of desirable modern options like large frameless windows, convection microwave, roller shades, solar panels, water purifier, MaxxAir fan, LED lights, bike rack, 13.5k roof AC, power tongue jack, etc.
3. Aerodynamic front cap, stand up shower, large heated queen bed, comfortable looking furniture and double 20# tanks are also huge plusses for me. Also appears to be pre-wired for a backup camera - excellent!
4. It seems to have a high quality European look and feel which should age well.

No Likey:
1. Being marketed as an environmentally friendly coach, why aren't they using Azdel as the wall backing material? If Azdel is being used, I didn't see a sticker near the door to indicate it.
2. Does not appear to have a rear bumper. If you were to mildly tap something backing up, you could have some serious body damage on your hands. This could be a deal breaker for some.
3. At this price point, I'd like to see slam latch cargo doors with magnetic holders included. Several competitors have moved to these, including K-Z and WBO.
Daddio62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #16

This video mentions the usage of azdel.

It's also a very good video on most aspects of the Rockwood version Geo Pro 19fd which is the one I am most interested in. Also I have seen pictures of the 2017 version that has the spare tire on the back. Curious why they went away from that. Another thing I have noticed is such a disparity of price from different parts of the country. Guess it's shipping related.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #17

Lightbulb Other Revelations

That fact that it appears to be using Azdel wall backing and has a huckbolted frame has me taking notice. It seems to check all of my boxes except for the lack of a rear bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbusby View Post
This video mentions the usage of azdel.

It's also a very good video on most aspects of the Rockwood version Geo Pro 19fd which is the one I am most interested in. Also I have seen pictures of the 2017 version that has the spare tire on the back. Curious why they went away from that. Another thing I have noticed is such a disparity of price from different parts of the country. Guess it's shipping related.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #18

Are they including the WiFi Ranger standard for 2018 or is it an option?
Mentioned in these videos:

Old 09-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio62 View Post
Are they including the WiFi Ranger standard for 2018 or is it an option?
Mentioned in these videos:
For us it was an option.

Some other options include:
Stove top vs full oven
Solar panels
Installed backup camera.
I am sure there are more that I am not aware of. Our dealer says they order the trailers guessing what most buyers will want.
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #20

So looks like you are an avid camper. Doesn't look like you have had the trailer
very long. Right now we are looking at the same floor plan (19FD) with the Murphy bed. Enjoying it so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrissom View Post
For us it was an option.

Some other options include:
Stove top vs full oven
Solar panels
Installed backup camera.
I am sure there are more that I am not aware of. Our dealer says they order the trailers guessing what most buyers will want.