Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #1

electric awning

Hello
Second year out on our Microlite 25 DS. We have the retractable electric awning and pondering if we should have tie downs or something for strong winds. What is the consensus on this? Also any good cleaning suggestions on the awning?
Also, I am just curious, what prevents this awning system from detaching from the travel trailer or rolling down while traveling? Is there some type of locking system automatically engaged? Just curious...fairly new to this.

Thanks all!
PTLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Hello
Second year out on our Microlite 25 DS. We have the retractable electric awning and pondering if we should have tie downs or something for strong winds. What is the consensus on this?
Personally, I think tie downs are needed if you'd like to be able to leave the awning out without worry. I use OC's awning tie down poles every trip.
Also any good cleaning suggestions on the awning? Spray with decent cleaner, and roll up for 20-30 minutes. Unroll, scrub the really bad areas and rinse.
Also, I am just curious, what prevents this awning system from detaching from the travel trailer or rolling down while traveling? Is there some type of locking system automatically engaged? Just curious...fairly new to this. I believe just the motor itself, and tension spring, holds the awning in.

Thanks all!
Happy Campin!!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLady View Post
Hello
Second year out on our Microlite 25 DS. We have the retractable electric awning and pondering if we should have tie downs or something for strong winds. What is the consensus on this? Also any good cleaning suggestions on the awning?
Also, I am just curious, what prevents this awning system from detaching from the travel trailer or rolling down while traveling? Is there some type of locking system automatically engaged? Just curious...fairly new to this.

Thanks all!
Start following posts by Turbs and OldCoot for the awning scoop. These gents seem to be on top of this.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #4

PTLady,run a Search at the Top on All the Issues you ask about,there will be (Days of Answers) to all your Questions! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #5
Site Team

WOW! This one kind of went off topic quickly. The site team did a cleanup here and removed several postings..... and for the sake of forum harmony, let's not try to rehash it here or anywhere else on the forums.

Thank You

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, electric