Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #21

Hi All , 831bhds 2014 I have the same problem, except I opted out of the electric stabilizer jacks and had the scissor jacks installed from the factory. But what they did was use the same mounting bracket that the use for the stabilizer jacks and its not supported by the frame on one side. So with that being said, I am looking for stabilizer jacks supports. the Steady fast looks good except my bottom is completely enclosed so not sure on how to install to frame with the brackets they give you. one needs to go all the way up on the I beam. Has anyone installed them. Yes x-chocks always help. Thank you for your input.
rltsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wneise View Post
Unless you level the trailer and then take out 1000+ pounds of goodies to take weight off the frame, the suspension will not be a problem. With stabilizers down (taking a little load), the springs cannot compress when weight moves around the trailer so they don't bounce back...
The suspension itself may not move, but the tires sure will and do. The stab jacks are at the ends of the frame and nothing is in between but the suspension & tires. Putting jacks in front of the front tires and jacking on the suspension framework will stop the bounce from the tires. This is from experience.

Put all the stabilizers down and then have someone bounce up and down and watch the tires or feel them flex.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
Always Learning

We use RotoChocks and UltraFab Eliminators and still have movement. My next step is to stabilize near the axles with some kind of jacks. I bought the Valterra Jack Stands, but haven't tried them yet. To be honest, my expectations are *very* low with them, so we'll see!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We use RotoChocks and UltraFab Eliminators and still have movement. My next step is to stabilize near the axles with some kind of jacks. I bought the Valterra Jack Stands, but haven't tried them yet. To be honest, my expectations are *very* low with them, so we'll see!
If they are like these, they might work, but would be a PITA to use in front of the axles.

If they are adjustable jack stands they might work also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0007584_stabilizing_aluminum_jack_stands_size_2_pack_stabilizing_aluminum_jack_stands_size_2_pac.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	32922  
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
win

If the trailer is a rockin don't be a knokin
win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltsk View Post
Hi All , 831bhds 2014 I have the same problem, except I opted out of the electric stabilizer jacks and had the scissor jacks installed from the factory. But what they did was use the same mounting bracket that the use for the stabilizer jacks and its not supported by the frame on one side. So with that being said, I am looking for stabilizer jacks supports. the Steady fast looks good except my bottom is completely enclosed so not sure on how to install to frame with the brackets they give you. one needs to go all the way up on the I beam. Has anyone installed them. Yes x-chocks always help. Thank you for your input.
I also opted out of the electric jacks. I've got my local dealer tracking down this product - Winfield RV scissor jack stabilizers. Absolutely no drilling or frame modification as they bolt onto the existing scissor jacks.
Brief installation video:

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
I also opted out of the electric jacks. I've got my local dealer tracking down this product - Winfield RV scissor jack stabilizers. Absolutely no drilling or frame modification as they bolt onto the existing scissor jacks.
Brief installation video:
Yes I have been looking at all of them. Hey did you notice the way they installed your jacks. there is no frame support. its like a C channel just on one side . I told my dealer to contact FR to see what they say. they came back saying there are not doing anything. I ask the deal to move them. We will see. its a shame you order a trailer the way you want and it still is not right. please keep me updated
rltsk is offline   Reply With Quote