Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #21

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am exactly six foot tall.
In about two weeks or so we have a trip planned to a beautiful campground. Deer, turkey, raccoons, and an occasional bear comes through.
We will be there Halloween night. Children get to trick or treat other campers. Looking forward to that. We like Halloween and love children.
I have already winterized our camper. This campground is in the mountains. The last time we were at this campground in October, everything in the campground froze. Everything!.
We did not have our other camper winterized at the time. I guess the heat in our camper kept the pipes from freezing. We dodged a bullet. This trip i`m prepared.
zoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #22

Curious where you are camping on Halloween? We are also curious where you camped and the ground was frozen in October? We have camped at Don Carter and Black Rock Mountain State Park twice. We love the quieter over 55 oriented campgrounds. Our next trip will be at Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville. It is 98% over age 55. There is a lovely little lake there for fishing. We are newly retired and are just getting started camping! (Noted you are a Tennessean and we are North Georgians - Go Dawgs!)
D321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonie View Post
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am exactly six foot tall.
In about two weeks or so we have a trip planned to a beautiful campground. Deer, turkey, raccoons, and an occasional bear comes through.
We will be there Halloween night. Children get to trick or treat other campers. Looking forward to that. We like Halloween and love children.
I have already winterized our camper. This campground is in the mountains. The last time we were at this campground in October, everything in the campground froze. Everything!.
We did not have our other camper winterized at the time. I guess the heat in our camper kept the pipes from freezing. We dodged a bullet. This trip i`m prepared.

See previous post?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by D321 View Post
Curious where you are camping on Halloween? We are also curious where you camped and the ground was frozen in October? We have camped at Don Carter and Black Rock Mountain State Park twice. We love the quieter over 55 oriented campgrounds. Our next trip will be at Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville. It is 98% over age 55. There is a lovely little lake there for fishing. We are newly retired and are just getting started camping! (Noted you are a Tennessean and we are North Georgians - Go Dawgs!)
Did not say ground was froze. All the water pipes in the campground froze. Even the shower houses froze up. Expected low for the two nights we were there was supposed to be 34 degrees. The temps dropped to 27.
Roan Mountain State Park in Roan Mountain Tn.
Usually to get a spot for Halloween, you have to make reservations early. We made reservations back in the spring for Halloween night.
Not going to talk football for awhile. We suck right now.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:57 AM   #25
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
We love the quieter over 55 oriented campgrounds. Our next trip will be at Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville. It is 98% over age 55. There is a lovely little lake there for fishing. We are newly retired and are just getting started camping!
This is good to know. I am 53 now and wife has five years on me, so I can rely on her 'old age' to get us in! lol. We used to be backpackers when we were younger, so are used to serenity and solitude, that for me is camping. This whole RV thing (GeoPro on order) will be new to us, and don't want to hear loud kids (or adults) screaming running around. Kind of ruins it for me. The longer I go without having had kids, the more sensitive i am to it. Now. Get off my lawn!! Lol.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonie View Post
Did not say ground was froze. All the water pipes in the campground froze. Even the shower houses froze up. Expected low for the two nights we were there was supposed to be 34 degrees. The temps dropped to 27.
Roan Mountain State Park in Roan Mountain Tn.
Usually to get a spot for Halloween, you have to make reservations early. We made reservations back in the spring for Halloween night.
Not going to talk football for awhile. We suck right now.
Update: Our plans got busted. We had reservations all summer in anticipation of Halloween night. We did not know about a change until one week before Halloween. The campground change the holiday to the Saturday before or after the holiday. Shafted us good. No vacancies on the new date. We cancelled.
Wish idiots would leave holidays alone.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #27

Awww, sorry for the disappointment and frustration!
Old 10-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #28
Trailer Park Supervisor

Zoonie, I agree. Halloween seems to be that one holiday that locales like to play with the date on. Bummer man.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #29

E-Pro 14FK

Testing how the power holds up.....Anyone with the 1000 watt inverter and solar?

The Go Power display shows 90% and drops to 64% within 10 minutes with only the lights, inverter, and frig on as I test the electric system.

Then after shutting off the frig and inverter, the display jumps back up to 80% instantly and then slowly back up to 90% as the solar charges.
Still have some testing, but, it seems to be acting strange.
JS Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #30

Where have you put the towel bar and paper holder if you have installed them?
Old 10-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #31

EPro 14FK

I’m no help on the power issue! I’m not a fan of mounting things on the walls (making permanent holes in the walls, drilling into something we shouldn’t, etc.) We have a short bungee cord threaded through the paper towel roll and hooked at each end into the shelf netting. It hangs directly over the sink. It works well and if I change my mind about where I have it, no holes to bug me! We have no plans to hang a towel bar. We tend to be minimalists! We caved to the masses who raved about command hooks and, thus, we did hang some sturdy ones! Happy camping!
Old 10-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by D321 View Post
I’m no help on the power issue! I’m not a fan of mounting things on the walls (making permanent holes in the walls, drilling into something we shouldn’t, etc.) We have a short bungee cord threaded through the paper towel roll and hooked at each end into the shelf netting. It hangs directly over the sink. It works well and if I change my mind about where I have it, no holes to bug me! We have no plans to hang a towel bar. We tend to be minimalists! We caved to the masses who raved about command hooks and, thus, we did hang some sturdy ones! Happy camping!

Same here...Not really interested in making holes in the walls.
Seen peel-n-stick mounts for paper towels and other things like small hooks, must be the command hooks you mention.
Minimalists here as well.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:00 PM   #33

How fast do your batteries drain? And what do you have on?

I am still experimenting with the system, but, it seems they drain pretty quick.

TV/DVD combo, radio drawing power, and the carbon monoxide detector was all that were on today and the batteries went down 20% in a little over 60 minutes.
The instant the TV was shut off, the battery sensor increased about 7%. I wonder if the Go Power display is malfunctioning.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #34

Hello
We have the 14 as well
Five trips and very happy.
Same three items draw power.
Single battery in place , not two . We have been back from last trip about two weeks . I checked the battery and it was at 75%.
We don’t have plugged in to shore power . I plug in if we go three weeks or so between trips , to fully charge before heading out .
bigcrappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:33 PM   #35

Does plugging into 110 charge the batteries? Or is it just 30amp that charges them?
Old 10-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #36
Trailer Park Supervisor

The 110 will power converter, which will charge battery.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:34 PM   #37

Something I just thought about...
Does anyone know if the Go Power display registers two batteries setup in parallel as one battery or two batteries?
Old 10-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
The 110 will power converter, which will charge battery.

Thanks.
Is it a slow charge?
Old 10-29-2018, 10:11 PM   #39

Kinda. Depends on how low the batteries are when you plug in. The converter has 3 levels of charging. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2504 View Post
Kinda. Depends on how low the batteries are when you plug in. The converter has 3 levels of charging. Jay

Thanks.