Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
Originally Posted by sideout1961 View Post
For any new owners out there that was not told ( like me )that there are tabs outside on the vent that have to be released for the vent to open. I don't know if it's like this on all campers but would have liked to have told. Found it just by accident.
Ditto! Also, when they are open and there is a stiff breeze, the flapper on the vent rattles and slaps enough to drive us nuts. We only open when cooking, but has anyone else experienced this and found a quick-fix?

Jim & Kathy

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 18,950 Nights camped 192
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
They can be difficult to open. As Oakman says, just when you think something is going to break ...

As also mentioned, you do want to close the flap when towing or you will be replacing it.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
Mod free 5er
Working on a fix right now to be able to open & close the vent from inside. Will post pictures if I succeed.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #14
Thought it was going to break but got it open. Flap sure doesn't move very much though. Glad someone posted this or mine would have never been open.
2013 Flagstaff 27RLWS
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost
30 nights in 2015 so far
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Mod free 5er
Took the fan out of the hood, figured out how to control the flap, went out to remove the cover on the flap and lo and behold there are no screws holding it on. It is glued to the side of the trailer with no way to remove it. Decided we will just leave it unlatched and put a clothespin on the cover to keep it from rattling in the wind or use the clothespin to hold it open. Foiled by the fickle finger of fate once again.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
I may be taking a risk here, but I leave mine open while traveling. Have not had any problems. Will close them on a cold night to prevent cold air from coming in.
thull87814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
I agree with Oakman this newer style is really hard to open, I have this style on my 2012 264 surveyor.

DDC is offline   Reply With Quote