Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #21

Mine is set up with the 5.4ltr and a 3.73 rear end. I can barely tell its there. Has no problem pulling it.
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Sailfish Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #22

Nice TT. I have a 2011 26RLSS Flagstaff,enjoy
mm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #23

Thanks mm29, we now have roughly 19 nights of camping in it and the only problem (knock on wood) has been the air bed in the couch but the dealer replaced it without question. Happy so far!
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Old 06-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #24

Similar Issues

We also have a 26RLSS. These are the issues we have had over 3 years of use.

1. Shower leaking as you mentioned. Dealer re-sealed and tightened glass enclosure tighter to the wall.

2. Roof leaking at Skylight in shower. Went up on the roof and noticed several crackes had opened up in the sealant in various locations on the roof after 1 year of use. Dealer gave me some tubes of lap sealant and I touched up all areas of concern. They stated it must have been a poor job from factory as the sealant should not have been like that after 1 year.

3. The crazy way to get the slide in manually if it will not go in automatic. This is not user friendly at all and I would hope it is not muddy when you have to do it. Not your typical stick in a crank and crank it in. My dealer had no idea what to tell me when they could not find the slide crank in hole when I did my walk through when I purchased it. They had to contact Forest River to get instructions on how to do it. It was their 1st year selling Flagstaff and had never seen a trailer like this one, other Flagstaff models of same year have a crank.
Bojanglespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #25

We have a Flagstaff 832IKBS on order. Where did you notice the leaks for the shower on your trailers. Any other comments about tying down the awning?
copdmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #26

Most campers seem to need a better job of calking the seams where the shower glass connects to the walls. Also re-calk along the bottom where it sits on the shower pan (floor). As for the awning, look up the long thread on this subject. You'll learn how to make some very basic and inexpensive telescoping polls to attach to each end of your awning roller when deployed. When anchored properly to the ground, your awning can remain open in some pretty stiff wind. I made mine out of the poles used to clean pools.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #27

Where is that manual crack. It's it in the motor area under the rig? I just replaced the motor which is attached to the gear box after the enclosed clutch failed. I replaced it when the slide would not come out with the motor.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #28

Congrats on your new 26rlss and 29rlss. We have had our 26rlss for two years and have loved it. I see now it comes with a wardrobe slide, which I don't have. We have been out 23 times in 24 months, mostly weekends, but a handful of week-plus trips. We pull with an F150 Ecoboost and it has been a good setup for us. We sometimes tie the awning down and haven't had an issue. We also had bad shower caulking. We swapped out the 2 swivel chairs for 1 lazyboy. We built a ladder shelf that we put next to the front door to hold incidentals (flashlight, bug spray, tissues, level, magazines, etc), since there is not a spare inch on the kitchen countertop. It leaves more room at the entry, where we also put a tiny ottoman to store shoes. I find that I do a lot of cooking while the husband is on his kayak fishing. So for a few of the above reasons, we put money down on a Sabre 31CKTS-6 FW last weekend. We are looking for a stronger truck now. I had to convince my DH to take the plunge for the first TT and he was hooked pretty quick. He was fine upgrading now (except for all the work dealing with the salesmen and talking trade-ins, etc.). We love having a camper--it is a fun hobby, since we became empty nesters a couple years ago. It's also a handy "hotel room" since we like to take our dogs along.

It sounds like you have most of the kinks worked out, so now you can enjoy! Happy Camping :-)
TTforTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #29

I found some bubbles under the rubber roof on the slidout. Any need to worry?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm29 View Post
I found some bubbles under the rubber roof on the slidout. Any need to worry?
If you push down on bubles does it feel like water?
If not then no worry.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #31

I will check it again,thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailfish Bret
Here are a couple pictures of what I'm talking about with the screen slides. The first one is a picture of the slide my TT uses; it measures 12x12 the second is the one they originally sent me. It measures 12x10 3/4 or something like that, not tall enough for my doors.
We have the door slide with the built in handle. Works like a charm. Much better than having to open the sliding door every time you want to open the screen door.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26rlss