Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #1

First Trip In New Flagstaff 26RLSS

We chose a campground fairly close to home just over the boarder in NC. Very nice place called North River Campground in Shawboro, NC.

I'm happy to say that everything pretty much went great! We really love the new camper and all the room we now have to move around. Our last camper was a Flagstaff 23LB. Very small!

When we pulled in I was think how I now won't be the smallest camper in the the campground but we ended up next to a monster 5er with 5 slides. Beautiful rig! it made mine look small

Only real issues we had with the camper was with the shower, it leaks around the surround like maybe the caulking wasn't applied very well. I should be able to fix that easy enough. I also broke the screen door slide trying to install one of those fancy knobs that allow you to open the door without having to move the slide. Also, when I did my walk-thru, we turned on the water heater and waited for it to heat up. When we turned on the water to check for hot water, it would spit and sputter out of my faucets, even the toilet flush was acting up. Their service guy fixed it saying it had something to do with the tank expanding. Well, it happened to me again when we were camping, fortunately it cleared itself up. Hope it doesn't happen every trip.

Other than that, everything (knock on wood) worked flawlessly. My wife and I can't wait until our next trip! Here are a couple pictures:

2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Sailfish Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

The spitting of the water is due to air in the lines and the water heater. You can lessen at least some of it by running the pump or city water connection and opening the relief valve on the water heater until it fills. DO NOT turn the water heater on until it is full, especially the electrical side as it will burn the element out if the tank is empty. Have fun and enjoy your new trailer.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My method for air in the lines is to open relief valve on hw heater as it fills either with city water or from fw tank till water and air expels.

Warning hw tank will not fill if either pressure relief is not opened or a hw faucet is not turned on !
Old 06-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #4

Thanks, I made sure water was flowing properly before turning on the water heater (electric) and it still did this. But, your suggestions are very helpful as I had not thought about using the relief valve. I think I will hit that a couple times as the tank heats up on my next outing. Thank you!
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Old 06-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #5

Man that's a good looking TT. We had the exact same problem with the leaking shower........simple fix!

Have had no problem with the water pressure, water spitting, or whatever. Hope you get that corrected.

Enjoy the TT and happy camping !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Another rat in the race

My pipes do that to but I have a habit of draining my lines every time I am done using the trailer (we go out monthly). If you don't drain the lines and tank it will go away unless you are hooked up to city water that is heavily aerated and you don't use the tap for a while then you can still get a splutter.

Just open a faucet a little and let it run and open the pop off valve until it leaks

Nice rig.

Oh and ya all the caulk joints in our shower were bad not worth hooking it up and dragging it to the dealer 40 min away for them to make a mess of it, I can do that myself
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #7

Nice looking rig. We also have a new flaggstaff 29RLS that were taking out for our first trip . Glad to see everything is working good for you . Hope it goes good for us to can't wait to leave tomorrow
Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #8

Congrats on the new 29RLSS. Let us know how it all goes after your shake down trip.
2013 Flagstaff 26RLSS
2012 Days Camped - 20
Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #9

Looks great! Glad to know you love the camper.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #10

[QUOTE=Sailfish Bret;206416]

Other than that, everything (knock on wood) worked flawlessly. My wife and I can't wait until our next trip! Here are a couple pictures:

Nice set up even though the camping seems pretty tight and wide open.

I see you have the same awning I have on my 27BESS tied down in the corners. Was it windy? I've heard these power awnings shouldn't be tied down but I have yet to figure out the reasoning behind that. Why can a manual awning be tied down and not a power awning.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26rlss