Old 11-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

Flag Staff 832 IKBS Winterizing Knob

Just bought this unit and only camped once before winterizing. Winterizing my Flag Staff 832 IKBS. I bought a "bypass three-way valve kit" and installed it in front of the water pump. Removed the water filter under the bathroom sink and re-installed the clear filter case. Turned the water pump on and the water filter case filled with rv antifreeze (wish there was a way to bypass that joker). Took a full 2 gallons to complete the winterization process. Put a bucket under the dang water filter case and emptied it of all the rv antifreeze and poured it in the black tank and re-installed it.
I was checking everything making sure I didn't miss anything and seen there's a knob at the city water hookup that says WINTERIZING with an arrow pointing to the left (dud). So, can anyone tell me (1.) I didn't need to buy the bypass three way valve? (2.) Does the outside WINTERIZING knob allow me to winterize the complete water system? (3.) Is there away to by pass the water filter case without filling it full?

HeavyPuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:19 PM   #2

No you did not need to buy the 3 way valve. You already have one installed look on the outside of unit, you will see three hose connections; city, antifreeze, and tank flush. Connect short hose to anti freeze put other end into jug or bucket of antifreeze. Behind the water pump you will find a preinstalled 3 way valve give it a twist and turn on pump antifreeze will begin to pumped into all lines. Close off water heater of course.
As for the water filter I removed the filter cartridge added two rubber balls (dog toys actually unused). Reinstalled filter bowl I will use much less antifreeze filling the bowl.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:33 PM   #3

Afraid of that.

Well they didn't tell me a lot when we did the walk thur or if they did I didn't I remember that part about the three way valve, yet they sold me the valve anyway. Well at least now I know. Like the idea with the rubber doggie balls. Thanks for your help..
HeavyPuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter