Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #1

Flagstaff 19RK and 19FD

My husband and I are looking at purchasing a new travel trailer. we have narrowed it down to a few that we like. I am wondering if anyone has purchased a Flagstaff 19RK or 19FD (with the dinette and swing bed)? We are looking for thoughts on either model...likes/dislikes? Does anyone know the weight capacity for the swing bunk in the 19FD model? Any thoughts in the murphy bed? any thoughts would be helpful.
sebreze31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #2

Flagstaff 19 rk

We bought a new Flagstaff Micro-Lite 19 RK in Jan. and love it..Have camped in it a least once a month since we bought. The only drawback I see is the bed...it's not Queen but a Full size and who ever is on the inside has to crawl over the other...Other than that ours weigh in at 3000 lbs and we tow with a 12 year old jeep liberty sport V6, with out any problems....

Jeff
tazzman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #3

Hello Jeff,

I was wondering how you like your 19RK after a year of use? My wife and i are looking into this model and we really liked the options it has including the towability. There is one thing i didn't see in the floor plans...and that is a dinner table? Is there something i am missing? I have a similar vehicle (2006 nissan xterra, 4.0 V6). Have you came across any problems towing since your post? I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Brad
Bakka323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #4

Jeff:

We have the Rockwood ETC181 which is the prior model to the 19FD with the murphy/dinnete combo. Its very good trailer for two people but having to crawl over your DW/DH at night for bathroom break isnt fun. We made 4500km trip last year in Sept with lots of rainy days. Only having dinnete to sit in is restrictive. Were now looking for a larger trailer with dinnete, bed always down and sofa. Guess this supports old rule of buying your second trailer first LOL. Enjoy your search for TT.
Prodigy P3, E2 WDH
rschoono289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #5

We love the trailer..have been camping almost every month since we bought it. There is a dinning room table that stores behing the sofa but when in place takes up the whole floor space.. not usually aproblem since we eat on the sofa...The only draw back is crawling over you mate when you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but it not that bad...all in all we love the camper, and the weight is great for towing. Our Jeep liberty w 3.7 l v6 pulls this and you do know its attached, we lose about 3 mpg when we tow...

Hope this Helps Jeff
Old 10-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #6

sorry you don't know that its attached to the jeep
Old 07-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #7

Getting ready to purchase a 2013 Micro Lite 19RK. Its only owner has been super good to it and we are excited about our first travel trailer purchase. We are a family of four, my wife and two kids (boy 5 and daughter 2). I will probably have questions as we continue with this process of purchasing and using our first TT. My first question I do have is this...

Is there anyone who has modified the pull out couch bed to make it more comfortable or a tad longer. Also, how did you fill in that empty space in the back near the window when the bed is folded down?
jonesfamilycamping is offline   Reply With Quote