Old 09-20-2007, 05:53 AM   #11

Mine are that way Ray. We just live with it. After about a week we get used to it. Then return home and forget how to operate the ones at home. The supplier must have had big lot of bad ones that FR bought cheap!!!

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
RAC

Yeah mine go like that as well. Drives me nuts, but I will be replacing them in the future, so I can live with it for now.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #13
Ray

Well, I guess I could say that I'm glad not to be alone in this situation but, like RetiredArmyCWO, these things will drive me nuts. I do good to remember how to get in the trailer every day and I know I couldn't get used to these valves.

Strangely enough, the kitchen sink valves work as is normal.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
RAC

Mine too......I think it's the dyslexic line workers the shower and sink manufacturer used to put them together.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #15
RAC

Outdoor shower too.....upside down and backwwards.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #16

Flagstaff 26 RLS comments

We purchased a 26 RLS June of this year and for the most part love it. There were several issues that should have been corrected at the factory or at the dealership. Two in particular were safety hazards which I will be contacting Forest River's Quality Assurance division about.

1. Microwave was installed in cabinet without allowing enough clearance for the power plug. The back of the microwave pushed against the plug where it was plugged into the outlet; bending the prongs of the plug sideways and causing one of the prongs to become exposed. At the very least this could result in a short circuit causing a circuit breaker to trip. Potentially hazardous electrical shock or an electrical fire could have resulted. Solution: plug should have been installed through the access hole in the cabinet after the microwave was put in place. Since it would have been impossible to insert the plug into the outlet, the problem would have been noticed and rectified.

2. One or more of the neutral wire terminals in the breaker box was evidently not tightened enough. After using the fifth wheel 5 or 6 times, on a camping trip the AC kept tripping the main breaker. After resetting the breaker several times, I noticed a smell like melting plastic and when I pulled off the cover of the breaker box, the neutral buss bar strip had started to melt the plastic breaker box. All the neutral wires had been severely burned. I replaced the neutral buss bar and reattached the neutral wires and tightened all other connections and it has been fine since then. If the breaker had not tripped, there been a potential for a fire or at least destruction of the power supply and inverter.

There were several minor things that I did to improve workability. If you are interested I can e-mail you my list.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #17
Ray

I notice that you list your unit as a 26 RLS, but then toward the end of your post, you refer to it as a fifth wheel. Which unit do you actually have?
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #18

Backwards valves

Ray - Congratulations on your new Flagstaff. We have a Rockwood, similar to yours.

Our lavatory sink and shower knobs turned OPPOSITE directions between hot and cold. Try getting used to that!

We swapped our sink faucets in the kitchen and bathroom with Moen single levers. They bolt right in and fasten directly to the plastic lines in the trailer.

We could not, however, find anything to swap for the shower faucet. If you find one, please let us know.

TacBear
Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #19

It's a 8526 RLS which is a fifth wheel.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #20
Ray

Quote:
It's a 8526 RLS which is a fifth wheel.
Alright then, I knew it couldn't be a 26 RLS if it was a fiver. I was concerned because I thought at first it was the same trailer that I have.

I hope you get your problems resolved, I've had my TT for 2 years now and haven't had any problems such as that. Once I got my water valves like I wanted them, that seems to be the only kick I had.

2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff