Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebrown54 View Post
We purchased a 26 RLS June of this year and for the most part love it. There were several issues that should have been corrected at the factory or at the dealership. Two in particular were safety hazards which I will be contacting Forest River's Quality Assurance division about.

1. Microwave was installed in cabinet without allowing enough clearance for the power plug. The back of the microwave pushed against the plug where it was plugged into the outlet; bending the prongs of the plug sideways and causing one of the prongs to become exposed. At the very least this could result in a short circuit causing a circuit breaker to trip. Potentially hazardous electrical shock or an electrical fire could have resulted. Solution: plug should have been installed through the access hole in the cabinet after the microwave was put in place. Since it would have been impossible to insert the plug into the outlet, the problem would have been noticed and rectified.

2. One or more of the neutral wire terminals in the breaker box was evidently not tightened enough. After using the fifth wheel 5 or 6 times, on a camping trip the AC kept tripping the main breaker. After resetting the breaker several times, I noticed a smell like melting plastic and when I pulled off the cover of the breaker box, the neutral buss bar strip had started to melt the plastic breaker box. All the neutral wires had been severely burned. I replaced the neutral buss bar and reattached the neutral wires and tightened all other connections and it has been fine since then. If the breaker had not tripped, there been a potential for a fire or at least destruction of the power supply and inverter.

There were several minor things that I did to improve workability. If you are interested I can e-mail you my list.

hi, i recently bought a 2004 work and play. i blew the breaker and i cant find the breaker box, do you know were it is located?
bochek69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
Ray

The breaker box on TT's are usually not hard to find, and are normally located on a wall, near the floor. They may not be in the same place in a work and play, as I did look at the brochure on these units and did not spot the unit in any of the pictures. I would have to believe that they would put the unit where it is readily accessible, usually, as I stated, on a wall, down low, with a drop down door on the front of it. I'm surprised that someone that own a work and play hasn't saw this post, perhaps they finally will.

If a further search doesn't turn up anything you may have to call a Forest River dealer to inquire about it's whereabouts.
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #23
osoy

Tank Sizes

mine were the same....gotta live with it....we are thinking of trading to a Rockwood 2604ss...the blurb says the tanks are 3l gal fresh and 25 grey/black...the dealer told me they are actually 38 fresh and 36 grey/black...anybody know for sure?..Osoy
osoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by osoy View Post
mine were the same....gotta live with it....we are thinking of trading to a Rockwood 2604ss...the blurb says the tanks are 3l gal fresh and 25 grey/black...the dealer told me they are actually 38 fresh and 36 grey/black...anybody know for sure?..Osoy
Unless they have changed things, mine are 31gal fresh, 25 gal black, gray, and galley tank. Not all have the galley tank but since I have the rear kitchen, they put on a galley tank.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure which Work and Play you have. We have an 2009 18LT, and the breaker is on the wall directly across from the main door. If standing on ground, open main door, look in and you can see the box very well. It is a vented lid, brown in color. Turn the back knob on top only 1/4 turn, and open the door. Good Luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #26

Wife and I just purchased a 2011 Flagstaff RLSS and our biggest complaint is that the shower dumps into the black water tank, talk about a dumb idea, have to dump black tank frequently and tank deodorant is expensive.
denawilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #27
Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by denawilly View Post
Wife and I just purchased a 2011 Flagstaff RLSS and our biggest complaint is that the shower dumps into the black water tank, talk about a dumb idea, have to dump black tank frequently and tank deodorant is expensive.
Yes, that was a dumb thing to do, one would think that people that built campers would know something about camping. Have you contacted them and asked why this was done?

When I first bought my 26RLS, I found that the water faucets in the bathroom sink and shower worked backwards; that is, they turned ON by rotating the knobs clockwise. I had never seen a water valve of any kind that didn't turn ON counter-clockwise and OFF, clockwise. When I asked about this, I was told that "some" of the campers had these and others had the regular valves, but they wouldn't change them out. I ended up changing them out myself; I don't know about you, but I just wasn't coordinated enough to get used to turning valves in the opposite direction than I had turned them all my life.

Many things on campers have made me wonder if the people that design them have actually ever camped.
2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 differential

Tow Package W/Integrated TT Brake Controller

2015 Open Range LT274 RLS
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff