Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2017, 08:27 AM   #1

Flagstaff 27BHWS 2017 measurements

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9173.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	132759

If anyone has theirs and could take this measurement:

From the ground to the top of the coupler on the trailer = ________?

That would be ideal so I can work ahead on this ProPride 3P Hitch setup before I get to the dealer to pick it up in a couple weeks.
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_creative View Post
Attachment 132759

If anyone has theirs and could take this measurement:

From the ground to the top of the coupler on the trailer = ________?

That would be ideal so I can work ahead on this ProPride 3P Hitch setup before I get to the dealer to pick it up in a couple weeks.
I installed my new 3P a couple weeks ago. I would wait so you can have the trailer and have it level. 90% of the installation is attaching the hitch to the trailer anyway.

Awesome hitch thouhh.....
Zak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1 View Post
I installed my new 3P a couple weeks ago. I would wait so you can have the trailer and have it level. 90% of the installation is attaching the hitch to the trailer anyway.

Awesome hitch thouhh.....

Makes sense. I'm just ready to roll on something.... LOL

Plus, I'm concerned with the time it is going to take to get everything setup that day.

How long did it take you to install - did you handle it solo or have a hand at it?

TIA
Old 03-26-2017, 07:54 AM   #4

My dealer installed mine but I felt that they didn't do as good of a job as I could so I took it off and did myself. Took me about 1hr all together.
SCSTTROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTTROOPER View Post
My dealer installed mine but I felt that they didn't do as good of a job as I could so I took it off and did myself. Took me about 1hr all together.

I just got confirmation the dealer is willing to help me install this. Were there specific concerns I should watch for? I know the distance back on the frame is critical.

Part of my is relieved I don't have to do it all and the other half is now just worried they'll do it wrong. LOL
Old 04-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #6

Read the instructions for the hitch and understand them BEFORE your dealer installs your hitch. Then watch them do it to make sure it's right. It probably will be but you are the one responsible for the operation of your vehicle and it's safety. KNOW THAT YOU KNOW ITS RIGHT.
SCSTTROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #7

MT... I hooking up tonight to head to a local parking lot that's level to see how off my dealer was when hooking up my unit, if any. Did you ever take the measurements on the trailer hitch height, when the trailer was level? I have a feeling my hitch ball was installed too low, causing the sway issues I've been having because of the trailer being to low on the front.
J007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J007 View Post
MT... I hooking up tonight to head to a local parking lot that's level to see how off my dealer was when hooking up my unit, if any. Did you ever take the measurements on the trailer hitch height, when the trailer was level? I have a feeling my hitch ball was installed too low, causing the sway issues I've been having because of the trailer being to low on the front.

Nah. Ended up mounting the new ProPride system directly on the A-frame while it sat in my driveway which has a big incline the ball hangs over top... so there isn't a way to snag that measurement as it is now.

However I'm also ready to pull it off the driveway and get the Anderson levelers setup along the final hitch adjustments that will be done on a level parking lot too.

I'll post some pictures of my final setup. The dealer suggested making sure your two wheel well heights are even after it is loaded.

Are you using the Equalizer WDH? If so my dealer initially set it up on my truck to get me home and made tweaks using those spacing washers to change the angle. He said it affects towing quite a bit and it was decent for me without any of my TT tanks filled.

I'm getting anxious to get out there finally! LOL

Cheers. [emoji482]
Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #9

From what I have read, you shouldn't have any problem with sway with the hitch you are using. I am actually using the Blue Ox Sway Pro and have heard so many others have had luck with this one too. I think once I get the hitch setup correctly and the trailer level, I should be fine.

The way it is setup now, my truck is nice and level, back the back dropped about 2 inches hooked up, but front stayed the same. This is with Timbrens installed too. So in the end both front and back are even when hooked up. The only issue I could see this weekend was the TT was much lower on the tongue side than the back end.

Good luck with the setup this week and also the first trip out this weekend. It's suppose to rain in Norther Maine where we are heading, but going from a hybrid to the fully enclosed unit, the rain isn't much of an issue any more.

Happy Camping.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:
From what I have read, you shouldn't have any problem with sway with the hitch you are using. I am actually using the Blue Ox Sway Pro and have heard so many others have had luck with this one too. I think once I get the hitch setup correctly and the trailer level, I should be fine.

The way it is setup now, my truck is nice and level, back the back dropped about 2 inches hooked up, but front stayed the same. This is with Timbrens installed too. So in the end both front and back are even when hooked up. The only issue I could see this weekend was the TT was much lower on the tongue side than the back end.

Good luck with the setup this week and also the first trip out this weekend. It's suppose to rain in Norther Maine where we are heading, but going from a hybrid to the fully enclosed unit, the rain isn't much of an issue any more.

Happy Camping.

Weekend was awesome. I'm completely in love with the TT and spending as much time as possible in this lifestyle with the family. My kids were digging the bunks and I actually cooked the DW a HelloFresh meal inside and the stove and space was ideal for food prep, then on Sunday for Mother's Day I made bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwiches outside in the space. The only system we didn't really explore was the AC since we were in shade of the wooded site.

Name:	Snapseed.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	138032

Name:	IMG_9627.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	138033

Long story short we had a blast! Looking forward to our next adventure.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #11

Excellent! Glad to hear you guys had a successful weekend and your loving it. I think the best part about this, it getting away with family and enjoying time together without the rat rase at home. We just booked another trip this weekend to campground next to dealer we bought ours so they can fix a few issues.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #12

Name:	IMG_20170513_110144099.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	138034 here's our site this weekend. We really enjoyed the TT as well and can't wait to use it again as well.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Attachment 138034 here's our site this weekend. We really enjoyed the TT as well and can't wait to use it again as well.

Nice. Looks like some big old spots! Staring at a campfire definitely beats staring at a computer screen any day... wish we had more free weekends, our big trip is setup for the summer to go to Florida beaches - we're really looking forward to that week long adventure!

We still need to book a place to breakup the two day trip south coming home. We're just not sure how long our travel days will be without the kids going stir crazy in the backseats.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:46 AM   #14

Ohio to Florida in the camper for the week? Impressive. The wife and I have discussed this but wanted to try and stretch it out a few more days next year. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #15

BTW what price did you buy to get TV audio to work through speaker?
Old 05-16-2017, 07:45 AM   #16

Quote:
BTW what price did you buy to get TV audio to work through speaker?

I haven't had time to disassemble the front and pull out the unit to connect it up and make sure it works, but this is the cheap adaptor I bought based on a positive review from a guy looking for the same convenience:

Easyday Digital to Analog Audio Converter with Digital Optical Toslink and S/pdif Coaxial Inputs and Analog RCA and AUX 3.5mm (Headphone) Outputs - 6 Foot Heavy Duty Optical Toslink Cable with Gold Plated Connector Tips Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJCCAKY..._GmVgzbMMCSMZR

Hopefully it'll be easy to get setup. Seems like a no brainier to have this ability to run the tv sound through the ceiling or even if we're tailgating and want the outside speakers to be louder than the just a the tv is capable.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 AM   #17

Thanks I'll check this out. I would just like to be able to watch TV and use sound bar that came with unit.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks I'll check this out. I would just like to be able to watch TV and use sound bar that came with unit.

Exactly. Seems like it would come that way but I wasn't having any luck so I found this little adapter and hope to tackle it soon. Just one of those little things to check off the list.

Really was impressed with the signal I got for NBC with the off air antenna... I was surrounded by trees and watched part of the Penguins hockey game Saturday night in perfect HD clarity.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #19

I agree the HD antenna rocks. I picked up roughly 15 HD channels in Maine and was impressed.

Tags
flagstaff