Old 07-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1

Flagstaff 27RLWS

Thinking about buying one of these, does anyone own one or have any comments about them?

Old 07-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #2

Soon as I sell my RV I hope to buy one. Had a good look at one in th local Flagstaff dealer and am convinced this should be our next RV. Emerald Edition if the price is right. I too would like to hear from any owners.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #3

Yep, definity get the E Package, its only about $1200.00; The dealer about 100 miles from here is supposed to have 2 of them in early August, can't wait.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #4

I recently bought a 2014 27RLWS and I couldn't be happier. Yes there are a few problems, but none that cant be easily fixed. The unit tows well, is easy to set up, and the floor plan works best for our needs, Talk about counter space! To keep the weight down, the materials used int he cabinetry are not what you would expect in your home and I ended up making a couple of modifications to beef up drawers, but with the abundance of cabinet and drawer space, over-filling the cabinets would be a challange. I went out and paid for the Emerald Edition and have gotten quite a few positive comments about the color scheme (not the traditional white) and the looks of the windows. I moved up from an older and smaller Thor TT where eveything was manual and it took a fair amount of effort to set up. Now my wife can push buttons and set it up without me. There are a number of positive and negative changes in the 2014 edition. Positive is the LED lights on the underside of the awning. The negative is the rear windows no longer open. Defiantely would buy again and in fact I am talking with my brother in law about buying the 5th wheel version.

As this is a new model for Flagstaff and also for their sales channels, it definately is a learning curve to figure out how things work. Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Good Luck!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #5

We love ours. Also got the Emerald Edition. I also wish the rear windows would open but can't have everything.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #6

People have asked me if it can be towed with a 150. Guess you have answered the question. I use a 2500 Avalanche with the 8.1L. I realize it is over kill, but hills dont bother me!

I did pick up the Reese Dual Cam system as I have found the unit is prone to sway. Do you have the same issue with the F150?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshenderson View Post
People have asked me if it can be towed with a 150. Guess you have answered the question. I use a 2500 Avalanche with the 8.1L. I realize it is over kill, but hills dont bother me!

I did pick up the Reese Dual Cam system as I have found the unit is prone to sway. Do you have the same issue with the F150?
Noticed some minor sway on last trip during windy conditions. Think I'll add a second sway bar. No problem on return trip when no wind. Passing trucks were not a problem.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #8

Also looking at 2013-14 27RLWS and new features

I am also looking to buy the Flagstaff 27RLWS. The closest contender for us was the Passport 31LE, but we really like the Flagstaff better. There is a 2013 E model really loaded near me, but am wondering whether to order a 2014... Dealer tells me they get no year end incentives for 2013s.

I saw this 2014 27RLWS floor plan and pictures (non-E model) on the web. It looks like there are several changes from ones I have seen so far:
  • Pop up TV in back
  • Bay window in back
  • Closet 3rd slide is replaced by window
  • Less overhead cabinets
  • Smaller pantry with horizontal window above and new broom closet
  • And more minor things...
Anyone know if this is the 2014 production floor plan? If it is, it should be lighter (no 3rd slide) and maybe less expensive. I really like the pop up TV and Bay Window.

Comments or insights anyone?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New 27RLWS Floorplan.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	37435   Click image for larger version

Name:	New 27RLWS TV and Bay Window.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	37436  
Old 08-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #9

What your describing is the floor plan from 2012 for the 27RLSS. The WS was a floor plan that came out on 2013 and I though the SS floor plan was eliminated. That being said we opted for the WS model ad we wanted the wardrobe in the bedroom and liked the idea of a fixed tv. We also wanted the pantry instead of the broom closet. We love ours. We were able to take our son the DIL and three grandchildren with us on the last trip and had plenty of sleeping room for all. I would have liked the large window in the rear but all the cabinet space that had replaced it has really been handy. I'm sure you'll like either one.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #10

That is not a 27RLWS. It is a 27RLSS.

2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote