Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #61

Don't judge all V-Lites by this experience. We have a 2013wiks and it tows well. We run a PRO stabilizer hitch with friction anti-sway bar and our TV is a 2013 GMC 2500HD. We had no experience with travel trailers until we got this one 18 months ago. Something is wrong here and I would start with the hitch set-up.
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #62

I don't know what Ron Hoover location you are dealing with, but we have been very happy with Tony Clark and his crew at Ron Hoover Houston. We tell them when we will need to pick the TT up and it is ready for us. There have been a couple of times when not everything was fixed and we brought it back after our trip. Our lingering problem is a little 20 amp breaker that kicks half way for no apparent reason. We can't tell them what triggers it because it definitely isn't a load issue and our Progressive EMS isn't giving us any clues. Can't fault them for not fixing something they can't replicate. Anyway, they have been nothing but pleasant, respectful, and eager to fix our small problems.
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #63

Just a quick update the dealer said they think the front axel is off and they are going to check measurements with factory I am going to pick it up today after 3 wks they are ordering parts. thanks to everyone on the forum for the great advice.
porter lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #64

After three weeks with the dealership, the broken window has not been fixed. The freezer was frosting up a lot and now they say the icebox doesn't work. The oven is not fixed. Hubby is bringing home this evening. Will have to make another trip to have these items taken care of. He says the towing is much better since the axle has been adjusted. Hope that issue is taken care of. I hope with a new rv and having issues with icebox and oven that they will last a long time once fixed. My previous rv after 12 years (bought in 2002) everything worked like a charm. No issues at all. Just not sure why a new rv would have problems with oven and freezer.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #65

It's sad to hear about your towing issues. I would also check your hitch set up. I had mine adjusted by the dealer. The V-Lites need a 1000 hitch. Behind my 3/4 ton Dodge long box crew cab it pulls great. We have had it up to 120km/hr (75 Miles Per hour) and it towed great. I also have the extra sway control but I did not notice any difference with it on or not.

It might also be worth checking your weight and balance to see if you have it loaded properly. Whenever you load a vehicle close to its max rating weight and balance be comes critical. Also if you have water in your tank make sure it is right full. We fill our water at the last place before our destination, and drain it empty on the way back. That prevents a lot of sloshing issues.

I hope this helps, good luck. We love our V-Lite.
polymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #66

30wfkss sway

just an update on my TT I picked up my TT from the dealer and they found the axel was not aligned properly it had shifted the weight to the front axel. the other problems did not get fixed, the oven still don't work ,the refrigerator don't work,the window is still broken after 3 weeks now I have to bring it back.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #67

I have a 2008 V lite 30 wrls, (it has 195 R 14 tires, load range C) and a Ram 1500 QC shortbed with a hemi, and a Reese dual cam weight distribution hitch. My setup swayed or felt really "mushy" at speeds of 65 or so, I got Hellwig helper springs, and LT tires on my truck- LT's did wonders for the swaying and stability. I run my chain bars tight at 3 links. It lifts up the truck when locked down. Works pretty well for me! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #68

I have 2500 Dodge ram 8' bed and tow a 30wrls v-lite it tows it great.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
bunnell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, towing, v-lite