Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Site Team

Flagstaff 831RLBSS floor squeak

I started this thread as an answer to an older thread that had comments about the floor squeaking by the floor vent, near the rear door. I used some quotes from that thread, but can't update it because the thread is too old and won't accept new posts to it....hence this one. It may help others in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semlohde View Post
Next is the squeek that has developed at the vent area by the rocking chairs. I've had 3 places tell me it's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbersidedown View Post
I realize that this is a little bit of an older thread, but thought I might chime in on the squeaking floor issue. We took ours back to the dealer and had them look at it. They told us it is actually the metal ductwork that is rubbing up against the frame or other stuff where it comes up out of the floor by the recliners. Between the dealer and myself we eventually got it "tamed down" but not completely eliminated. by cutting some of the excess metal off of the metal elbow section right below the vent and putting some rubber type tape between the metal parts and then retaping over the joint where they meet with the aluminum duct tape. Not perfect, but way better!

I had taken my trailer to the dealer a few weeks ago to install slide toppers and look at some warranty items. While it was there, I asked them to see if they could do anything about the squeaking floor....and according to the work order I received, it was the same problem as Rubbersidedowns. They said the ductwork was free-floating and rubbing the frame at that spot.

Here is what the order stated:

Floor squeaks by floor vent near rear door

Furnace duct was rubbing on framing. Stapled duct work to flooring so it wasn't free floating

Just letting others know in case they have the same problem as Rubbersidedown, Semlohyde, and myself.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #2

Floor Squeaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I started this thread as an answer to an older thread that had comments about the floor squeaking by the floor vent, near the rear door. I used some quotes from that thread, but can't update it because the thread is too old and won't accept new posts to it....hence this one. It may help others in the future.

I had taken my trailer to the dealer a few weeks ago to install slide toppers and look at some warranty items. While it was there, I asked them to see if they could do anything about the squeaking floor....and according to the work order I received, it was the same problem as Rubbersidedowns. They said the ductwork was free-floating and rubbing the frame at that spot.

Here is what the order stated:

Floor squeaks by floor vent near rear door

Furnace duct was rubbing on framing. Stapled duct work to flooring so it wasn't free floating

Just letting others know in case they have the same problem as Rubbersidedown, Semlohyde, and myself.
Similar issue here, dealer repair order stated that the Suburban furnace "ducts to be rubbing against floor and lower structure causing squeaking noise. Removed register, lift ducts to prevent rubbing.."
Helped but not totally.

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #3

We had the same problem and they gave the same diagnosis, removed vent cover and attached duct work. It has been a year and still no squeak!
maconandk is offline   Reply With Quote