Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #1

Flagstaff 8528 CKSS questions

Picked up a new 2011 in February and have had it out for 25 nites and about 3000 miles -- so some questions have come up.

1. We now have a pretty strong odor from the galley tank -- reviewed a thread from last July on the topic and everyone seems to agre that the side wall vent i just poor design. Just wondering if any additional solutions have been found. Looks like just odor treatment and good flushing plus not using non-bacterial soap is the best way to go??

2. Speaking of vents, there is another vent on the back wall, centered close to the top running lights. Look simila to the galley vent by the kitchen window. Anyone know what it is/from/for??

3. Recent trip had us moving from a full service camp to a state park w/ no water. So i tried to fill the fresh water tank before we left. Was waiting for the water to come back out of the fill tube, heard some gurgling, but it never came out. Decided i had enough ater anyway so shut it off and finished hitching up. i had to pull off some leveling blocks so moved forward, stopped and got out. Water is coming out of the falseottom up by the black tank. It stopped finally, so i pulled the trailer up 50 feet, got out to see more water coming out. Finally decided that the fresh water just overflowed and ran along the bottom.
Finally thequestion. Is there supposed to be an overflo tube? I do not see one under the trailer. Could it be disconnected??
Anyone experience that??

One rant -- the fresh water fill being on the passenger side is a pain!

Thanks for any thoughts on any or all of the above -- sorry for the ramble.
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #2

Hi, I have the exact same fifthwheel with the same odor problem and i was wondering if you found a solution.
Marsh707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #3

I have the same fifth wheel and have not noticed that problem.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh707 View Post
Hi, I have the exact same fifthwheel with the same odor problem and i was wondering if you found a solution.
No, but have not had it out for over a month to check it.
will be trying some anti-odor stuff to see if that helps and going to flush it real well before we go

Got a newslettere from RV Doc, and on one of the ads was a product that replaced the p trap with a straight pipe that had a one way valve that was a bladder to eliminate the odor from backing up. sorry cannot recall the name

I think it is due to the vent that is on the side and not on top.
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #5

The valve is called a, HEPO Valve. Had one installed in my last RV. It kept gray water from backing up in the shower, and blocked odor also.

Robert, USTA own a Casita.
robert elling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags