Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM   #1

Flagstaff 8528RKWS Water leak in Kitchen

We have a 2013 8528RKWS with the rear kitchen. Last week, I noticed the countertop along the back wall was wet. All of the surrounding walls are dry. The window is dry. I looked above in the cabinets and they are dry. I cleaned it up, put some paper towels on the countertop and left it. When I went out to check today, after raining, the paper towels are wet, but the walls are dry. I can't figure out where the water is coming from. Anyone else have a similar leak?

Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #2

CZNEDY, I'm shocked no one has replied to you, it seams everyone has an opinion . So, as said here is one for you. We have the 2015 version of your rig. We love it! I have done many modifications to it including some stuff under the sink which didn't necessarily have anything to do with water but what I did see one day was that the kitchen faucet was a bit loose so I tightened it. The pump was on pressurizing the system. A few hours later I was back in the rig and noticed water around the base of the faucet. I checked things again and found one of the supply hoses to the faucet was a bit loose and a fine mist was coming out and onto the counter top. Yeah weird . The faucet has no calking under it. I took the supply off and found the washer inside was kinked from the factory install. Replacing it cured my "wet" problem. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #3

Thanks Tahoe, we are still winterized, so I am pretty sure it is coming in from the roof . The water was on the countertop that runs along the back wall. I'm going to have to spend some time in the roof searching.
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 03-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Any window (s) on back wall? Spray with garden hose....mine has a rear window, and the weep slots couldn't keep up...
Old 03-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #5

Your welcome, one other thing I noticed on ours was that the roof membrane is incredibly thin. I have upgraded two Fantastic vents. So maybe your issue lies where the membrane laps over the edge... Just a thought, hope you figure it out. Have a great spring and summer!
Old 03-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Any window (s) on back wall? Spray with garden hose....mine has a rear window, and the weep slots couldn't keep up...
Thanks Bob, I will check that out
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 03-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #7

We had a issue early on after purchasing it. Water dripping from the AC and into the kitchen. It was repaired under warranty. I assume a seal or gaskett. Never was to worked up because they were fixing it with a few other items. No issues since.
Wally
Old 03-22-2016, 09:27 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

We have a 2012 8528RKWS and on ours, if the water was coming from the roof, the cabinets would have to be wet as the roof seam is directly above the cabinets. I suspect either the rear window is leaking or as Bob says the weep holes are not keeping up or are plugged. We've never had a leak caused by the roof.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #9

Thanks everybody for your input i made sure the windows were closed tight yesterday. I dried out the inside on the window well. Went back out tonight and sure enough, there is a small puddle on the countertop under the back windows and more water inside the right window well. Now I just have to figure out where it is coming in. We have the diamond package windows.
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 03-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #10
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
What I did was to remove inner frame, then where it fits up to the outer section, Added a little silicone to seal inner to outer frame and leak gone.

Tags
8528, flagstaff, leak, water, water leak