Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #1

Flagstaff 8528RSWS

We recently bought a 2013 Flagstaff 8528RSWS and love the spaciousness inside. The 3 slide outs make a world of difference. Our previous 5er had only one and the tt before that didn't have any. Love almost all the features but there's a couple that I'm still not sure about. The model features a drop down table on wheels that sits in the center of the living space with folding chairs. Love the table but the chairs are a nuisance. Since its usually just DH & I, put 2 under the bed, one in a storage closet and use the desk chair for the second seat. We have the platinum package so have the frameless windows so the ones that open, only open out a few inches. This is a definite negative since I love fresh air but the only saving grace is that the unit has a ceiling fan and a Maxairr fan in the bath. Overall, there are many more good features that outweigh these things so we're happy with our purchase.
Hijinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #2

Hijinks,
What bed length do you have? Does you need a slider hitch and does the hitch are you running use rails or is it removable?
Thanks,
Whistle

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

All Rockwood/Flagstaff 5ver's come with a Reese Revolution (Sidewinder) pinbox so a sliding hitch isn't required.

That pinbox is claimed to work with a 5.5' truck bed.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #4

We do not use theSidewinder hitch. We had the dealer lock it in place and we use the hitch we had. It's a Reese power glide??? About 10 years old but it's a great hitch. Easy to hook up and no problem with turns, pulling or backing up. Sorry if the info isn't clear but I'm not mechanical. Also, we pull it with a 2010 Ford F150 that is equipped with a towing package. Haven't been to the mountains yet but in Ohio it is no problem.
Hijinks is offline   Reply With Quote