Old 10-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #31
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
The sole purpose of having the two is to allow two dealers in the same market to sell different brands of the same thing and have "exclusive" rights to that brand in that market. They won't drop one or the other. No reason to under the current scenario.
I believe Hokiehall has it absolutely correct.

The only reason GM builds the GMC truck is so that non-Chevy dealers can also carry a truck line without "Stepping on the contractual toes" of Chevy dealers. BTW I think GMC is the better looking of the two. (I drive a F-150)

If you are a Rockwood dealer, there can't be another with "x" number of miles, but a Flagstaff dealer can park himself across the street.

Frankly the year I bought my Rockwood I thought Flagstaffs interior colors were much better, and 30 days after I ordered mine, Rockwoods colors got even worse!!

And they are in fact built by the same people in the same factory. The only cost savings to Forest River from killing Flagstaff would be not having to print a separate set of brochures and other marketing efforts.

Before buying, check the interior colors if that's important to you. As for Rockwood outselling Flagstaff, I don't know if we can prove that without asking FR.

2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #32

Just to pile on here, several previous posters are exactly right. The only differences between Rockwood and Flagstaff with the same floorplans are model numbers, decals and interior color combos. FR uses different names to have more dealers in an area. Each dealer gets an 'exclusive' territory.
We asked about differences with a RW rep (the factory guy, not a dealer salesman) and he said there is no difference in construction or features and that FR does not claim that one is superior to the other.
We bought FS because the dealer had a better RV show price special than the RW guy did for identical units. The people working the show were actual dealer people, not contractors hired for the show week-end. Made a difference.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab, Vortec Max
Prodigy, Reece DC

GAL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #33

My wife and I have been through the factory on two occasions. We have seen both the Rockwood and Flagstaff coming down the same line side by side. Only difference is interior colors and exterior graphics.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #34

Smile Flagstaff

We have a 2003 Flagstaff and I have had no problem with replacement parts for our camper. We had a blow out which damaged the wheel skirt and underpanel. I contacted Forest River and the parts were not a problem. I also order new stickers for the front window panel as they are looking sad, again no problems. This is why we like Forest River they seem to support their Trailers really well!!!
2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
hoovercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #35

hoovercab: Many trailer over the years hardly changes model. I had a flagstaff tent trailer 2003 and today it is basically the same trailer with hardly any changes. Like this parts keeps flowing from years to years.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
hoovercab: Many trailer over the years hardly changes model. I had a flagstaff tent trailer 2003 and today it is basically the same trailer with hardly any changes. Like this parts keeps flowing from years to years.
Well we are the oldies but goodies on this site, I just think because the industry changes so fast it is nice to see a company that supports their products, even us older models.

2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
hoovercab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff