Old 01-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #1

Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832 IKBS

DW and I just made final arrangements to purchase a 2016 832 IKBS. PDI is Saturday Jan 29th. Cannot wait for March and April to get here so we can take it out.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVet View Post
DW and I just made final arrangements to purchase a 2016 832 IKBS. PDI is Saturday Jan 29th. Cannot wait for March and April to get here so we can take it out.

We received ours in Denver on December 26th, what a great Christmas present. We've towed it several times around the city and to a family event for a shake down as we've prepared for a six week trip to the southwest. So far everything has worked well. I was originally worried about the exterior storage being limited. But to my surprise it held everything that I had in my last TT, I just had to organize a bit differently. The interior storage was unbelievable over our past TT. My wife is very happy with that and the counter space. We did have one problem but it was with a Maxair fan. I turned it on and it would not turn off. Turned out to be a bad mother board, Maxair sent me a new one and it took 15 minutes to install it. Less time than taking it to the dealer.
We leave this coming weekend It is going to be a great time. We love our floor plan the trailer pulls fabulously. I hope you enjoy it as much as I think we are going to enjoy ours.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #3

Congrats on your new Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832 IKBS.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #4

Brought the new unit home Friday. Towed fantastic with the Equalizer hitch.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVet View Post
Brought the new unit home Friday. Towed fantastic with the Equalizer hitch.
Your going to love it. We are stuck in New Mexico right now due to extremely high winds working our way to Phoenix and San Diego. We started in Denver and it pulled extremely well. We are having to stay put an extra day in Carlsbad NM due to weather but I can tell you the floor plan works great for us. So far there is not one thing I would change on the unit. Enjoy
Old 02-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #6

Congrats on your purchase! Love my 2014! Took delivery in Apr 13.. did about 4500 mile trip later that year... along with the annual runs here & there. Using it F/T now in GA.. and not a long list of problems in that time/distance. The stabilizer jacks aren't my friend! (but for various reasons now carry spare parts for them). . Also bumped up the tires on i a load range. Not for any specific weight reason, but more my peace of mind! Added a rear camera as well as replacement LEDs under the awning.... and added some lighting to the step/stair-well. It's been a great trailer so far!!
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #7

woody9 if you don't mind answering what spares do you carry and what problems did you have with the stabilizer jacks?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:46 AM   #8

NP!
1st issue was right after delivery. Rear one went down when I parked it @ home. but didn't go back up about 2 days before leaving on a trip. Went to manufacturer direct and they overnighted one to me. I wanted to retain the wiring so learned a bit about how to get INSIDE to where the switch was mounted.
2nd issue was on 2nd or 3d trip.. and one of the side braces bent. Don't recall the exact conditions/situation, but yielded the unit INOP for the rest of that trip. Have since noticed those braces are now painted yellow on the new units.
3d time was this past fall. was setup and we got some NASTY winds one night.. and i swear that trailer rocked up on one side.. and dropped back down - ROUGH! and next day while looking for any damage, discovered the "U" channel had folded!!!! NO WAY could i have torqued those down that far so that led to trying to find a replacement (surplus/$75).. and then had the local welding shop straighten/reinforce the damaged unit. I carry that one now in the bed of the truck so I should be able to replace any component or the entire assembly if/when/as needed. Wish i hadn't unloaded those extra spare parts from the 1st replacement!.
Hope that helps.
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:28 AM   #9

Thank you very much for the information, will put that in the list of things to watch for.

Thanks again.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #10

SubVet you picked a winner!
We have travelled in ours since May, 2013. Maybe 30,000 miles covered, comfortably. We have spent 3 winters in Florida in it, and it is headed to Alaska around May 10.
We have looked at 5er's and not found anything yet that says, "trade me".
New tires were first on the upgrades after find a "tumor" on the inside of one at 2,000 miles. Keep a close check on those factory tires at EVERY stop and they may serve you better than mine did. If not when you change go up a load range.
The other thing to be remedied is sway. It is a long way to the spare tire from the truck bumper and it will remind you of that each time a truck passes if you do not have a good hitch, set up right.
Get out often, enjoy life and "Travel safe"

Tags
flagstaff