Old 10-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #1

Flagstaff E-Pro 17RK

Creating a thread specific to this model. Let us know your wins/fails with the 17RK.

BlainoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #2

E-Pro 17RK Fails

Because the kitchen is in the rear (RK), it rear of the trailer bounces a bit when traveling, which caused a couple of the drawers to bounce open sending silverware and other contents everywhere. I installed some recessed magnetic latches on both drawers and they seem to be holding.

One of the drawers (under the dinette) came open and would not close because one of the mounting screws backed out (due to shoddy workmanship) and lodged itself into the slide out rail. I removed the top (under the cushion) and was able to pry it out without damage and installed a larger screw.

My 17RK did not come with the MAXXAIR fan in the kitchen, just a manual vent. This should be standard. I would recommend you have one installed by the dealer if you plan on cooking indoors to manage heat, smoke, and odors. I'll be installing one soon.

Please note that we love this camper, and this is message is not intended to dissuade anyone from buying one. The point here is these were the ONLY issues we had with the camper thus far. If this is all we have to deal with, we are fortunate! :-) So far, we are VERY pleased with our 17RK.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #3

17RK Wins

Installed additional sewer hose mounts for longer hoses and fishing poles. (Valterra A04-5094BK EZ Hose Adjustable Hose Carrier)

Installed vinyl window/wall decal on glass shower door for enhanced privacy (W17.1in x H78.7in with some minor cutting)

Installed and hard-wired two LED cargo lights for storage bay (Amazon)

Installed and hard-wired (4) Rock Lights (looks cool at night - Amazon)

Replaced mattress with 10" foam mattress (do this for yourself, trust me)

Applied a few decals to the exterior to make the wife happy.

Overall, we're very pleased with this camper. Our only regret was not buying it sooner.

Tags
flagstaff