Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #1

Flagstaff Micro Lite 23lb - Water Pump Question?

I just purchased a new Flagstaff Micro Lite 23lb. I loaded up all my gear last week to head to the river. There is a CAT scale on the way so I also filled the fresh water tank before weighing my TV and TT. When I arrived at the river I decided to test my water pump before I hooked up to city water. I turned on the pump and opened the faucets as instructed in my owner's manual. After about 4 or 5 minutes of spitting and sputtering I still did not get a flow of water - hot side or cold side. I was afraid to let the pump run any longer because I didn't want to burn it up. Do I need to let it run longer? Is there some type of city water/fresh water transfer valve on the 23lb that I need to turn before using the fresh water tank? I couldn't find any reference in the owner's manual. Help!
rjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I would run on city water until I was confident everything was looking good. Then I would run the FW pump. When you turn it on it should not run very long if at all. Then shut of the city water pressure. Try flushing the toilet and listen for it to come on and shut off (without pulsing) after the flush. The RV could need all the lines filled. Additionally, ensure their are no leaks inside and out. Good luck..
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #3

Did the hot water heater get filled with water? The water pump would run as long as the hot faucet is open with it sputtering until the tank got filled. Once the pump gets the entire water lines pressurized it should shut off until you open a faucet.
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #4

Water did not run out of the cold water faucet either. Even if the hot water tank was not full, should it have run cold water out of the cold water faucet? The next time I am out I will fill up with fresh water and then pressurize the city water to fill up the hot water tank and then see if the water pump pressurizes the fresh water system. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #5

Make sure the valve next to the water pump is still not in the winterizing mold...otherwise it will only suck air...just turn the valve the other direction.. I forget to flip that valve just about every year

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpman View Post
Make sure the valve next to the water pump is still not in the winterizing mold...otherwise it will only suck air...just turn the valve the other direction.. I forget to flip that valve just about every year.
Sure glad I'm not the only one with CRS.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Take The Road Less Travld

I have a valve at the pump that needs to be switch from pump mode to city water mode depending on what I'm using. As it was mentioned, if the valve is still on the city water side, the pump will run dry.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #8

Make sure outside water connections are capped.
frankchmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #9

Great suggestions. I will give them all a try the next time I take it out. I will report back with the results!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchmi View Post
Make sure outside water connections are capped.
Not required if the city water connection's check valve is working. The cap is to keep dirt and bugs out of the connection.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
I have a valve at the pump that needs to be switch from pump mode to city water mode depending on what I'm using. As it was mentioned, if the valve is still on the city water side, the pump will run dry.
The valve at the pump is to select between the Fresh Water tank and an Antifreeze bottle during winterizing.

Selecting between city water and the water pump is automatic and determined by which one has pressure. One way only check valves keep water from going backwards.

This image is actually wrong on the pump side.

The valve indicated is between the pump (actually INSIDE the pump) and the vertical blue line and the winterizing valve is located between the fresh water tank and the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water and Sewer Diagram.gif
Views:	324
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	52473  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23lb, flagstaff, pump, water, water pump