Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #21

Heading Back to Dealer..planned for

Well, they do call it a shake down cruise for a reason. The hot water electric heater does not work, gas does so that was not a show stopper. The bed room TV does not get a signal or SAT. But main TV works on Antenna and SAT, so again not a show stopper. Hard rain today, no leaks, a first for our many RVs.

However went to dump the gray and the black. Easier access than I thought. Gray no problem. Popped the cap with blade valve in on the black in order to connect the hose.... Pew… it came squirting out. Opening valve just increased flow... could not shut it off... very popular now with neighbors....

So heading back to dealer tomorrow to get bedroom TV (antenna and Sat), water heater and Black water valve fixed...

Love the unit, tows well with the WDS, no sway even when a semi goes by, feels plenty roomy. Storage is good, getting better with hooks for towels , keys, mugs and spice racks along with stick up light..... Could not mount chair storage rack on bumper… leaving that for my home handy man....

Regards
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #22

Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS Owners Group, 2511s welcome too.

I had a question as to how I installed the extended kitchen counter so here’s some additional pictures. I reinforced the interior of the flimsy cabinet with 3/4” pine glued then screwed top and bottom and used a 3/4” piece of maple I stained, glued and screwed from the back side to support one of the hinges and an additional piece of maple to reinforce the end of the cabinet against the wall which was flexing away from the wall.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3284.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	216956Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3728.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	216960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3729.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	216961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3730.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	216962
Hope this helps.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #23

Well went to dealer Optima in Ocala... Fixed all the minor problems within a couple of hours of my arrival, spent the night there and now at Tropical Palms Resort in Orlando ( a great place, and free if you are a Thousand trails member)
Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #24

So our dealer tried the fix for our bowed slide wall based on advice from the factory warranty rep. Didn’t work and now we have 4 times the amount of screws in the wall. [emoji849]

Called Forest River and asked for a supervisor and in less than 24 hours we had our trailer scheduled to be repaired at the factory the first week of December. Yes their repair facility is booked that far in advance. Very pleased that Forest River stands behind their products. Won’t comment on our dealer.

They will replace the slide out wall, front window and hopefully the rusty stabilizer jacks.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #25

Petty Crime

Last night some one stole the lens off the porch light. Dealer shipping me a new one...
Old 10-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #26

Flagstaff Micro Lite 25FBLS Owners Group, 2511s welcome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hill View Post
Last night some one stole the lens off the porch light. Dealer shipping me a new one...

Ours blew it off somewhere between Michigan and New Mexico. The replacement doesn’t fit very tight. Perhaps the original didn’t either.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #27

Not likely

We turned it on for the first time in the park before going out to dinner. last night. Next morning was gone. Checked around ground could not find it.

Maybe some blue Loctite might help on the corners...?

Never have put my awning out yet, other than part way to test its motor. Does this thing have a LED light strip?

Have a great day...
Old 10-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #28

Quote:
We turned it on for the first time in the park before going out to dinner. last night. Next morning was gone. Checked around ground could not find it.

Maybe some blue Loctite might help on the corners...?

Never have put my awning out yet, other than part way to test its motor. Does this thing have a LED light strip?

Have a great day...

It should. its VERY bright. The switch is located on the bottom row next to the porch light switch. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	217033
Old 10-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #29

That's embarrassing... right before my eyes... thanks...
Old 10-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #30

Thru TS Nestor

Pulled her thru Tropical Strom Nestor. With Equalizer WDS system did well in 40 MPH winds. With some of the heaviest and longest lasting rains, stayed almost completely dry inside, even with Slides out... just a little water came in around the closet slide out when out.

My Fusion back up camera stopped sending a signal..

Really liking the unit. Perfect for two. My list of little things to fix got s bit longer...

Started to rain cats and dogs again in our New RV Park, Rambling Rest in Venice Florida.

Regards
Old 10-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieCampers View Post
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum & read the reviews on the 25FBLS. For those of you that have owned it a while, do you still love it? Any major problems with it? We've been going back & forth between a Grand Design Imagine & this one. Would love to hear your thoughts, what you love & dislike about the 25FBLS & any problems you've had.

Also, has anyone put a standard queen size mattress in it? Does it fit ok?

Has anyone replaced the kitchen sink & faucet? That's probably my biggest drawback right now. Can you use a standard sink & faucet?

Any other tips you can tell us?

Thanks so much!
NewbieCampers
Jim & Benita
I have a 2104s so not the same trailer but I imagine the faucets are similar. I got a residential Moen faucet at Home depot and it installed very easily. The trailer uses Pex fittings so you can cut the pex if you want and put in shark fittings but I just got some flex hose 3/8 compression to 1/2 pipe, easy peasey.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #32

Thnaks, ordered your parts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
Hi John
The shelves were left overs from my neighbor. I think what I had were two different brands but they all install the same. I think I purchased some items from Lowe’s or HD and they were Closet Maid brand. I used sheet metal screws where ever I had a piece of pine stud to attach to which wasn’t very often. I also used a combination of very thin metal drywall expanding anchors and a few of the plastic expanding anchors. I’ll try to post pictures. Since I installed the shelves upside down to take advantage of the built in lip I had to cut off a portion on the back of the large plastic hanger visible at the front of the selves in the bedroom closet.
https://www.amazon.com/Swpeet-Assort.../dp/B07HKBQVGW
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ALLIGATOR...GLER/619715768
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...4717/100040570 https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...6620/100146343
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...7546/100165627

Regarding the folding hinges for the kitchen counter I bought those on Amazon. They were stainless steel which is more expensive than painted but it matches the rest of the trim. [emoji4]. https://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-B.../dp/B07QKYNB5J

I also ordered and installed this in my storage area on my gray and black tank valve side of the trailer. Keeps all my stuff together. Paper towel, hand cleaner, WD-40, vinyl gloves etc. A little extravagant but hey I’m worth it. [emoji6]
https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Posse-Alu.../dp/B000UHDX7U

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Well I ordered your parts today, now to get my handyman to install them... Thanks..
Old 11-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #33

So we dropped our 25FBLS off at the Rockwood-Forest River factory in Millersburg Indiana this afternoon for replacement of the main slide wall, front window and hopefully replace the rusty, paint pealing stab jacks. So far our experience with the factory warranty staff and Service Logistics Manager, Deb Rimsa has been great. It is scheduled for service December 2 but they allowed us to drop it off early so as to take advantage of the good weather. Will let the group know how things turn out.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #34

Another newbie

Hello folks,
We just got our 25FBLS on 11/20.
It's great having our own forum.

I am now giving it a thorough going over.

All of your input is giving me ideas.

First question, of many, as I live near Nashville and for the next few years will use it as home base, at what temp do I need to worry about winterizing? With heated tanks, insulation and heater, what should be my trigger?

Second, does anybody have checklists specific to our TT's?

Let me know if I ask too many questions...

Thanks
TNTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #35

In may RV when a cold front was coming thru, I left an electric ceramic heater on at 60 degrees in the inside and another in the pass thru storage... I set the gas furnace to come on at 50 degrees. Of course I had electric hookups... Just 110 to an adapter will work.... I hear the electric
oil heaters with a fan are more efficient.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:54 AM   #36

Flex Solar Panels

installed a flex 100 WATT panel ON ROOF that I had bought back in 2017 for sailboat at 150 bucks or less, ran wires to TV storage area and controller.

Today I bought for just 96 bucks with shipping a 300 watt flex mono crystal panel with a 40 amp controller. I will install it giving me 400 watts total for charging my 2, 12 volt deep cycles... This s/b plenty and even allow for an 2000 watt inverter... which are not expensive these days... One of my TVs is 12 volt, in the bed room... but is plugged into 120 volt socket with a 12 volt adapter.. will need to get a 12 volt plug, so I can have TV when not hooked to electric or not using my portable Westinghouse 2400 Watt gen...

The only thing I need battery to 120 volt is TV and Micro wave or Induction portable electric burner... for very short periods... for those Walmart stop overs...
Old 12-06-2019, 05:06 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
installed a flex 100 WATT panel ON ROOF that I had bought back in 2017 for sailboat at 150 bucks or less, ran wires to TV storage area and controller.

Today I bought for just 96 bucks with shipping a 300 watt flex mono crystal panel with a 40 amp controller. I will install it giving me 400 watts total for charging my 2, 12 volt deep cycles... This s/b plenty and even allow for an 2000 watt inverter... which are not expensive these days... One of my TVs is 12 volt, in the bed room... but is plugged into 120 volt socket with a 12 volt adapter.. will need to get a 12 volt plug, so I can have TV when not hooked to electric or not using my portable Westinghouse 2400 Watt gen...

The only thing I need battery to 120 volt is TV and Micro wave or Induction portable electric burner... for very short periods... for those Walmart stop overs...
Do you have a link to that 300w panel?
Old 12-06-2019, 05:32 AM   #38

Here is the solar panel link

https://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderD...&ul_noapp=true

Its Ebay , just search Flexible 300 watt solar panels. I made a mistake and ordered with a solar controller for another 35 bucks.. oh well. I will have a spare... 300W Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel MC4 Connector +10/30A Controller 18V Item price $135.99 Item discount -$5.00 Quantity 1 Item number 174103380938 Shipping service Standard Shipping from outside US The prices on solar hasvedropped so much , I can do solar on the roof of my house for a couple of thousand bucks and get a 2 years pay back now with almost no electric bills for the next 20 years...... 25, 300 watt panels would do it.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #39

Batteries

New to RV's. I believe that my new 25FBLS came with 1, 12 volt battery. It says DP24/CCA@0 F=550/MCA @32F=675/23 AMP AVE=140 MINS.
What is the Ah and should I get rid of it because it is a starting battery.

0. What does the 140 mins mean?

1. Would I hook in parallel with another 12 volt deep cycle?
2. Inexpensive battery suggestions?
3. Wire size for parallel connections?
4. How are they charged (by inverter?)?
5. Is there a battery/power monitor?
6. Is the heater electric and how many amps? (I think heater and AC has a 20 AMP fuse.)

Help
TNTHERAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #40

The heater is gas. The Bat is charged by a converter.. converts 110 to 12v.. and/or by a solar panel which I strongly recommend mounting a 100-300 watt panel on roof (cost 100 bucks, plus 35 bucks for a solar controller). The solar panel controller will provide a battery monitor. I had the dealer add a second battery in parallel...

Tags
flagstaff, lite